disneyshopping.com

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, July 20, 2007, 09:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

has anybody shopped here before, what are you experiences?
thanks

Anonymous

I'll tell you when my Belle snowglobe arrives.

:D

Masamune

:D I've ordered from them a few times and it's been great.

:? The only problem is that 8 months AFTER we placed our first order with them, a company called DHL sent us a bunch of invoices for shipping. Even though we had paid P&P costs to Disney, DHL said it was them that brought the items through customs and then delivered them to our house. :shock: The invoices were like 20 pound EACH, even though most of our orders had only contained pins, so the boxes were very light! We never would've ordered from Disney Shopping more than once if we had known about these extra shipping costs. :(

Anonymous

It goes on the price of the packages, it's customs charges that you're responsible for paying. I think it's anything over £18 is liable for customs duties. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you get caught on them.

I'll probably get hit for this Belle snowglobe.

madame_leota

thats where donutter got her globes from recently and they came through broke unfortunatly. but they replaced them for her and because they put them down as 0 value she didnt have to pay a second lot of import duty.

masamune - DHL did the same thing to us with the first few lots of stuff we ordered from disneyshopping.

The last lot that came through a few days ago was C.O.D and it was £11 but DHL put £10 ontop of that for them paying the import fee (does that make senc) so it ended up being £21.

Donutter ordered about £200 worth of stuff and the import on that was also C.O.D and it was about £40 (including the £10 charge)

speedpacket

Quote from: "Masamune":D I've ordered from them a few times and it's been great.

:? The only problem is that 8 months AFTER we placed our first order with them, a company called DHL sent us a bunch of invoices for shipping. Even though we had paid P&P costs to Disney, DHL said it was them that brought the items through customs and then delivered them to our house. :shock: The invoices were like 20 pound EACH, even though most of our orders had only contained pins, so the boxes were very light! We never would've ordered from Disney Shopping more than once if we had known about these extra shipping costs. :(
This is complete legitimate, and it still amazes mehow little people know about buying products from outside of your own country (in our case: outside of the EU).  Whenever you do, you have to pay import duties, and all goods have to be cleared by customs which brings some additional work for the carrier.  They can't calculate this price upfront as they never know what customs will charge you for, but basically what you need t opay to DHL or any other international carrier is custom duties.  normally however, doorto-door delivery is included in their price, so my guess is the person you spoke to when you made an inquiry was a bit lacking in their explanation...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Anonymous

The thing is, there doesn't seem to be any logic behind what they charge you. I had an Armani Sleeping Beauty at $750 and thankfully all I paid was about £38. There is no way that they are applying a percentage rate for VAT to that.

I've had other things at much lower prices which have had similar charges on them, and my other 2 Armani's didn't even get picked up by customs.

It's all a bit of a lottery. I think I've got off fairly lightly with customs charges over the year, so while I don't like it when occassionally I get hit with charges on a package, I just have to grin and bear it.

I think the worst one was when I bought a figurine off someone on Ebay years ago for a fairly low price, and they put the guide price on the customs declaration, and I got stung by customs when I should have avoided charges. Needless to say I wasn't impressed and complained to them, I think I got a refund  or something from him in the end to avoid negative feedback.

madame_leota

thats lucky!!

i noticed that with the charges though, they seem to vary so much. Im not sure how its worked out, i will have to have a look.

Also the postage rates from disney shopping are REALLY weird.

donutter bought 3 globes, some clothes, loads of other stuff, the box was gigantic, i have never ever seen a box so huge!! she paid about $40 - $50 postage which i thought was really good considering its size, my mum bought stuff a few days later and the box was tiny, sort of size you would get a dvd player in, and they charged her about $35 maybe a bit more, there was only about a $8 difference in it, so stupid!!

Anonymous

I paid $34.95 I think for a snowglobe.

Have you seen that Studio Collection stuff they have now. There's some gorgeous imagery on that stuff.

There's a beautiful Belle picture, but it's only available on a girl's tee-shirt at the moment. I would love a print or a poster of it.

disney_donutter

I get stuff from there all the time - my last order was $450 I think and i ended up paying £50 import tax, but to be honest I had no grumbles because of the amount of money that I saved! :-D  And you do have to be careful because I had to pay C.o.D to DHL so be warned for when your stuff turns up!  I didnt have the cash on me being that it was first thing on a monday morning so they had to come back with it the nenxt day, andd I think that is why my globes got broke, because the box was completely fine on the monday, but when they re-del Tuesday it looked like they had thrown it off of a 10 storey building! lol

madame_leota

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"I paid $34.95 I think for a snowglobe.

Have you seen that Studio Collection stuff they have now. There's some gorgeous imagery on that stuff.

There's a beautiful Belle picture, but it's only available on a girl's tee-shirt at the moment. I would love a print or a poster of it.

yes i have, i would love to get some of the tee's for my little un, i want the stitch one and the buzz one, and i love the fantasia jacket too. i might just have to talk my mum into letting me use her credit card, mine dosent like me at the moment!! :lol:

Dlrpfan

my Auntie ordered a snow globe from then and they said the delivery time was great and they would defenatly buy from them again
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Masamune

We've bought things from eBay.com before and never had to pay this DHL thing, so we were completely shocked when we got the DHL bills like 8 months after placing/recieving our first order from Disney Shopping.

Like I said, that's the only reason we would never order from Disney Shopping again. :cry: Even though they always have the most amazing Cheshire Cat stuff.

disney_donutter

I see what you mean Masamune, but everything is so cheap there, it is worth paying the import tax, because of the amount of money you save, so as long as you order enough stuff it makes it worth while. ;-)

Anonymous

So I ordered my globe late Friday night, what sort of delivery time am I looking at for getting it?