July 12 - 15, SEQUOIA LODGE

Started by Parkfisch, July 19, 2007, 02:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkfisch

As many of you know already, I had my 11th visit to the Disneyland Resort Paris last week. First I had to take the night train from Vienna, Austria to Strasbourg, France. Then I took the TGV to Marne-La-Vallée-Chessy. I was there at 10:13 a.m. ( as scheduled ) and it was a great pleasure to see Space Mountain 3 minutes before.
I took the bus to Sequoia Lodge and left my bagage there. After a short walk through the Disney Village my first ride was Rock'n'Roller Coaster. A nice "wake up" ride after the long voyage.

It was my first stay at the Sequoia Lodge and it was very nice. The swimming pool with the slide and the small outdoor part was too crowded in the afternoon, but in the morning it's very refreshing and relaxing. I was staying in the Montery suite which is locatad just 2 houses next to the swimming pool. Do people go that outdoor ways with roof in bath clothing in winter as well ? I think I would do so although it's cold.

My room number was 431, which is located in the first floor on the left side, right after you went upstairs. I had a view to the Rio Grande and the small walk way where the Hotel Santa Fe guests use to go to the Parks.

Some things were new to me:

Space Mountain Mission 2 -
well, I've heard many things about it before, but in my opinion the ride is better and worse at the same time. The music is much too silent, the trains do not look as good as they did before, the first ( dark ) part of the queue is boring, but there are many more things to see, the catapult starts in the "cellar" and it's a great ride anyway.  :P

Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast -
I did the ride in Orlando, but I think it's better in Paris, because the weapons are not fixed on the car. The queue is not so boring, there are more corners and the Buzz Animatronic looks much more interesting in this small room. In Orlando you have to listen to him for a long time, because you have to walk through a much larger room where he's talking, talking, talking....

Indiana Jones forward -
It's not really new, but I couldn't remember how nice it had been, when I had been riding it before 2000 when it had been going forward as well.
Although the ride itself is not very thrilling, I totally agree in their decission to let it run forward again.

Crush's Coaster -
Very funny, but I've been awaiting more. They should spray water inside the building like they do at "Il Corsari" in Gardaland ( Italy ). Makes the "under water" feeling more perfect.

I'm really looking forward to the European version of Tower of Terror.
In July 2008 ( my plan ) I will be there again. The Newport Bayclub would be my prefered hotel then.  For now I know Hotel Santa Fe, Hotel Cheyenne and Sequoia Lodge.

Soap

SL is indeed a nice hotel :D Sounds like you've had a great time ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney