What makes Disney the best for you?

Started by Maarten, July 09, 2007, 05:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Don't think I'd have wanted to be there that day to be honest. Very strange day, looking back on it, seems almost unreal now.  :(

Minnie_1984_BTM

To be honest i think they put something in the air! Must be the music (or the pixie dust!  :tink: ) bcos i find myself desperately wanting to buy giant plush toys (baloo is a major weakness) and embroidered disney jumpers and jackets which i wouldn't dream of wearing out and about with friends at home, but there it just feels right. Can't explain it. I guess its that you totally let go and just enjoy yourself, whereas at home everyone is more reserved, and cares what people think about them. :?

At disney everyone is free to be as mad as they like! :donald:

[/url]
Hold on to them hats and glasses, cos this here\'s the wildest ride in the wilderness!

GeoffD

i go really childish at Disneyland, rush to all the characters, get excited to see the castle..

DisneyAlba

I've read all of your replies, and I agree with everything! I don't think I have anything different to add....

It's all about the theming, the atmosphere and the general happiness about it that makes it so magical to me.

As far as other non-Disney themeparks go, there's only one I've seen that lives up to the theming and such a bit, and that's the Efteling here in the Netherlands. But I'm a complete Disneyaholic, so the Disney parks will always be my number 1.  :wink:

Now, the Disneyland Paris Sleeping Beauty castle has very special significance to me... I don't feel the need to elaborate except for saying that it reminds me there is beauty in the world, when times are rough. So, whenever I walk onto Main Street and see that castle, my heart just fills with joy.
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

MinnieMouse

I feel like a little child when I stay in DLRP. The Magic in the Air, the Music and nice Attractions. I love Disney and their parcs so much.

If I stay in another park I feel sad and think: It´s not Disneyland  :(

Alexandra

loulou

Disneyland gives me a chance to escape from everyday stress in my life, i love walking own main street listening to children laughing and people singing along to disney songs. I would love to work at disneyland, it has always been one of my ambitions in life.

disneyland is the greatest place to be

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

giorgio1712

For me its all the little details and the atmosphere of Disney that makes it so special. I love how there are so many little areas that many people miss out and every part of the park has something going on. I cant remember who, but tsomeone has a picture of the old bag storage area lit up at night in their sig, this just sums up the atmosphere of disney for me, its weird but hey!

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

I just get goose bumps everytime I walk through those gates at DLRP ( Or any DL/MK ) and see the Castle gleaming down at me.
It's just the greatest feeling...........and believe me I'm no spring chicken.  =D>

Everytime, just fantastic  :cheshire_bounce:

Epcot_Boy  :peter:

David

SkySurfer

Everytime we drive down the A4 with our and "sortie 14" comes nearer, we get more and more excited. Taking the exit and seeing the landscape changing into this perfect Disney-Style... NPBC at the horizon makes me feel like: I´m home

So many people ask me, why I like Disneyland so much.
For me it is a place, where all your problems disappear, where the music leads you to a world outside this "cold world" in which we live every day.

Every time I enter the gates, seeing the castle, hearing the wonderful music, the sounds of the vehicles and the trains makes my heart jumping and I´am so happy.

But... does anyone of you has this little problem, too?
Sometimes, during my stay, I get a bit sad when I think, I have to leave this place again, soon.
 :cry:

Hommi16

For me it's the atmosphere. I mean, the first time I've been there as an 6 year old boy. And nowadays everytime I come back, I still feel like an 6-10 year old boy. Of course, I don't need to get autographs from the characters. I hope you know what I mean.
Furthermore I don't know a park which is that detailed than dlrp. Love it just to walk around and searching for more details. I remember about 5 years ago spending over an hour checking out the pictures of the right arcadia in Main Street..... and talkin about it with my father.
I also don't want to miss the atmosphere at SM short before the park closes, where just a few mostly young people run around and try to get as much rides as possible. Where everybody is clapping when they come back from the ride to station. ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!!

These are just a few things what makes DLRP that great for me....
I hope you can feel with me!
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Soap

Quote from: "SkySurfer"Everytime we drive down the A4 with our and "sortie 14" comes nearer, we get more and more excited. Taking the exit and seeing the landscape changing into this perfect Disney-Style... NPBC at the horizon makes me feel like: I´m home

So many people ask me, why I like Disneyland so much.
For me it is a place, where all your problems disappear, where the music leads you to a world outside this "cold world" in which we live every day.

Every time I enter the gates, seeing the castle, hearing the wonderful music, the sounds of the vehicles and the trains makes my heart jumping and I´am so happy.

But... does anyone of you has this little problem, too?
Sometimes, during my stay, I get a bit sad when I think, I have to leave this place again, soon.
 :cry:

I couldn't have said it better.... especially that last part... :roll:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anonymous

Don't you just love it when you see that first road sign with Mickey Mouse on it and you know your journey is almost over and the magic's about to begin!

8)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Don't you just love it when you see that first road sign with Mickey Mouse on it and you know your journey is almost over and the magic's about to begin!

8)

Yeah, I always get excited when I see them on my way there :)

Parkfisch

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Don't you just love it when you see that first road sign with Mickey Mouse

These signs should start at 100 km distance, not at 22 km (as it's now ) !  :lol:

speedpacket

Quote from: "Parkfisch"
Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Don't you just love it when you see that first road sign with Mickey Mouse

These signs should start at 100 km distance, not at 22 km (as it's now ) !  :lol:
100 km!!!  the torture!!!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!