New CinéMagique Sign

Started by Anthony, March 21, 2005, 02:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Not amazing news, but it's a nice sign (get it?) that they're still working on improving Walt Disney Studios in the smallest ways possible...  :lol:

Old sign:

(source: "zygo", centralpark forums)

New sign:

(source: "Mickey-Paris", centralpark forums)

It isn't a vast improvement, and there's still plenty more they could do to make the exterior more exciting and inviting, but it's a start...  :wink:

Now I've got thinking, and I'd like to know what YOU would do to improve CinéMagique.  The actual film and show is excellent, but it really is lacking something to make it that star attraction it so longs to be.  A new pre-show?  Or maybe a post-show?

Kristof

It's a nice idea, but I don't like the quality of the drawings.  It's almost like it's paintbrushed on the sign.  

Oh, and they've also cleaned the filmbanners in the queing area.  Finally...  :lol:

Disneyana

I like that new sign, especially the movie scenes around the letters. That gives something special to it. For most the scene from Mary Poppins looks good.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Patrick

I like the new sign a lot more to improve the attraction they could maybe do something more with the chicken pen queue than just stand and get squashed in when waiting to go in although is very nice to look at the movie banners on the roof above you. :D

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"to improve the attraction they could maybe do something more with the chicken pen queue than just stand and get squashed in when waiting to go in

Definately.  I don't understand why they don't making proper queues out of that space.  It means you could arrive early for the show only to be pushed out of the way by over-the-top other guests who think they won't get a seat if they don't push!

They should keep the two seperate pens but make a single queue out of each of them, so that people who arrive last are at the back and people who arrive first are at the front.  This would also cut pushing down completely.  No-ones going to push if there's say one group of people in front, are they?  But when it's a horrible bottle neck of about 500 people like it is at the moment then everyone just pushes to get through those two doors.

And I still feel many more improvements could be made to that horrible queueing area.  Why don't they make it indoor?  It's not nice waiting there when it's cold, and if they made it indoor they could make it like a proper movie theatre lobby, with low lighting, movie posters around the walls, calming music, etc.  It would be infinately better than the current set up.  I wonder how much that would cost to do?  What I really dislike about most attractions in WDS is how the queues are outside the building and then as soon as you step in you're practically in the ride.  There's no pre-show, there's no build up...

As part of the Toon Studios and ToT projects I would really like to see some cash go towards Production Courtyard aswell as Animation Courtyard.