Pin Pics - Post Pics of Your Favourite Pins

Started by Anonymous, June 30, 2007, 12:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Just a suggestion - people should try and keep pictures to within 640 pixels wide. Any bigger and it starts to disrupt the layout of the thread and makes it more difficult to read.  :)

I thought this would make an interesting thread. I've built up a large collection of pins over the last year or so, and regularly buy pins on Ebay.

I'm not proposing to post pics of all your pins in one picture, though you can if you want. But thought it would mainly be an idea to share nice close up pictures of some of your favourite pins - and I've got the perfect pin to start off the topic.

I was thinking off posting a new pic every few days. The topic might fall flat on it's face, but I hope not, and hopefully everyone will enjoy it.

:)

Here's my first pic. I got this one a couple of months ago on Ebay. Thought it was an awesome pin when I saw it, and had to have it.

tubbsy

OOOH! I like that!

I'll get taking photos of my pins now :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anonymous

It's cool isn't it. I think this is the only pin I've ever seen with Walt on.

:)

Masamune

:o I have a really nice Walt pin myself. It's a silver heart-shaped locket with Walt Disney engraved on the front. When you open it, on the left hand side Walt Disney's autograph is engraved, with Dec. 5, 1901 engraved underneath. :D Then on the right hand side, there's a lenticular picture of Walt as a baby, which changes to a picture of him as an adult.

:) It's really lovely. :roll: Sadly, the PinPics picture of it shows the locket closed, and our Digicam isn't really good enough to take non-blurred pictures of pins.

So for my first of many fave pins, I pick this one.

http://www.pinpics.com/img/p701/pin35097

:P As you can see from the penny next to it, this is a Jumbo pin, and Cheshire's head spins on it! :lol:

Anonymous

I got a bunch of Jumbo Ariel pins recently, amongst them, this lovely Easter pin, which features Ariel as a bunny girl!

8)

Tonie

This post is a great idea!

I'm a Disney Pin Trading Collector too. I have just taken a few photos of some of my favourites  8)

Slinky, Toy Story's dog. It's a very curious pin

Walt Disney Studios

Mythical Mickey

Mickey, Pirates of the Caribbean

Do you like them? :D

Dark_Prince, the Ariel pin is very nice 8)
Tonie !

Anonymous

Love the Slinky dog. :)

I have the Steamboat Willy Mickey too, it was in a set of Mickey through the ages pins.

tubbsy

Slinky dog is gorgeous.

O.K so here is my favourite

His head moves :D

I dont have many yet-the kids have loads, I'm working on it though

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anonymous

Nice one. I assume these are the pewter pins you're talking about. Is it just those you collect? And are they just Pooh characters?

This one is a Limited Edition Disney Auctions pin, LE of 100.

I got this one last year, on Ebay after being bitten by the pin collecting bug. It's just one of many Belle / Beauty and the Beast pins.

tubbsy

Yup, thats one of my pewter pins. They're not all WTP. I've got a couple of Mickey and a Grumpy. I've only got 8 at the moment.

The kids have got about 70! I'll ask them their favourite and get a shot of them to put on here.  :D

Like the Belle pin. Very dreamy

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anonymous

Getting better at photographing them. :)

I love tigers, and I love Disney Princesses, so it's only natural that one of my favourite pins combines both.

This was a DLRP one - but it was one I won on Ebay. The back just says Refresh Lanyard - not sure what that means or if it was a limited edition or anything. I've never seen it on sale in the Parks.

Anonymous

A few more pins this morning. :)

I've seen very few Briar Rose pins, but I came across a couple earlier this year. I love Aurora in her Briar Rose guise, it's a lovely costume. This pin is marked up on the back as Pin Celebration 2002.

This big Beauty and the Beast pin was a Limited Edition Valentine's Pin of 250. It features a dangling heart.

This lovely head and shoulders of Belle is a Disney Auctions Pin, LE of 250.

Finally, this Jumbo Ariel pin is another Disney Auctions Pin, this one a LE of 500.

Anonymous

Another selection of Pin Pics.

This is from a set of 6 pins issued in 2007, presumably in the US. Each pin is a square with a storybook initial. The other 5 Princesses are on the other pins.

This cool 2006 pin features Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones with his faithful sidekick Pluto. :)

A very dreamy looking Ariel on this Disney Auctions Pin. LE of 1000. I think it's a fairly recent pin, probably 2007.

And a lovely Belle name pin. I had one of these on my bag when I was going to DLRP in March, and it must have got bashed at some point because the enamel broke away on Belle's face. :(

I ended up giving that to my niece, but managed to get another one on Ebay recently. I've also got a similar Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella pin. I've no idea if there are Snow White, Jasmine and Ariel one's available too. This was a Disney Auctions LE of 1000, though we know now for a fact that there only 999 mint editions of it left. :)

Anonymous

Another selection of pins.  :lol:

I won't be posting as often during the week, you can tell it's the weekend.

Here we have the second of those storybook initial pins, this time featuring Cinderella.

Next up is a dangle pin featuring Snow White. I'm a bit confused with these. I have 6 of these, 1 of each Princess. The other 6 are all dated 2006, but Snow White is dated 2007. Seems a bit strange, I'd have thought they would have all been issued as a set.

Next up is a Hollywood Star Aurora - in her Briar Rose attire again. This is a 2007 pin, LE of 1000. I've got an Ariel one like this too.

Finally, a nice Ariel jewelled pin. This is a 2006 pin.

Anonymous

This first pin today is the latest pin I've got, just received today. It's a 2006 LE of 500 and it's huge. In fact, that's the only problem with it, for some reason they've only put one pin on the back, meaning it's not very secure for it's size. But other than that, it's a lovely pin.

Next up is the third of the Storybook Initial Pins featuring Aurora. These are all lovely pins featuring glittery letters and great detail.

Third up today is the second of the Princess Icons Dangle pins, this one featuring Cinderella, with a dangling coach. Very nice pin.

And the last one is a portrait pin featuring Ariel. It's a painted image in a pin frame. Not sure about this one, because it doesn't feature the Pin Trading logo on the back and say's Made in Taiwan.  :?

Although I have seen others of these portrait series pins on Ebay, and they usually go for a fairly high price.

More pins tomorrow.

8)