Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Miss Tinkerbell"l don't understand something: will they replace the walt and mickey statue for another one???
No the Partners statue is staying.  They're going to put a new Mickey statue where those green fences are in the photo above.  It'll feature mickey in his Sorcerer costume firing a golden spark of dust into the sky, which will then reach the ground on the other side of the land, near the hat, forming a kind of archway.  At its highest point though the arc will break, so that parade floats can get past.  That's the plan, anyway.  It'll look something like this, the statue originally planned for Animation Courtyard:

I've mentioned before how weird it will be having three major Mickey statues so close together (incl. front lot).  Do you think that'll be a problem?

Miss Tinkerbell

ahh thanks, l was a bit confused must've misread it.

well yeah, and this one will look kind of the same as the fountain one as far as l can see and read....

Kristof

Before

After

Looks like I wasn't imagining after all  :D

Anthony

Wow, brilliant!  The style of these new trees is really cool, they look as customised as the ones in front of Le Chateau!

I suppose we can guess that more trees will be added soon next to the Disney Studio 1 ones, to create more of a line across the entrance and fill the new planting area by the future statue?

Miss Tinkerbell

l think it'll look less "empty" in the studio's with all these new things which is only a good thing!

Kristof

Lots of construction photos have been uploaded here:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/toon_construction

The Butlin Boy

Sorry about the translator!:

QuoteSmall point on the projection of work:

All the higher part of the frontage of Art of Disney Animation giving on Studio Tram Turn was repaints in light blue.
Idem for the toilets.

I find the result rather pretty since it breaks the monotony of the building.

The building site of Bus advances since one can now see exceeding palisades the arrow overcoming the service station and which will be used as support in the name of attraction.

They also start to work on the photolocation "Toon Town". The ground is under development.

Source: La Rouquine at central plaza

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"All the higher part of the frontage of Art of Disney Animation giving on Studio Tram Turn was repaints in light blue.
Idem for the toilets.

I find the result rather pretty since it breaks the monotony of the building.

I'm not really sure what to think of this, so I will wait for some pics to make a judgement. But it seems like blue will be the new main color for Animation Coutyard/Toon Studio. It's a positive thing to give each area of the park it's own identity, but why blue? Personally, I'm not really impressed by the blue color at Studio 5. Won't all this blue colors have a "cold impact" on the guest during the winter? I mean, Disney always wanted to us to warm up while using hard, warm colors. Will blue do the trick too?  :?

Anthony

I suppose it depends what they surround the blue with.  Cars Race Rally will bring lots of very warm desert themeing, and the new oasis area will be warm too.

I hope they don't paint any more than this small section of AODA blue, it's all that's needed to make it fit into the land.  Currently, the yellow colour makes the hat stand out well.

I think they should keep Studio 3 yellow.

The Butlin Boy

More trees:

[Source: Grandmath DCP

The Butlin Boy

The toilet area by AODA has turned blue:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_toon_studio_car ... r_852.html

Anthony

Arrgh!  That looks... odd.

Btw, have you seen how many trees are by Studio 1 now?  It's like a whole forest... lol

http://scroogemd.site.voila.fr/oct06/pl ... ing_02.jpg
photo by Scrooge, DisneyMagicInteractive

penfold12

Are they planted, or just resting there untill they are planted???

Anthony

I'm not sure - does seem like a lot of trees just for that one spot, doesn't it?  They probably wouldn't grow very well being that close togehter and there aren't any trees further towards the middle of the path yet either, so you may have a good point there...

Soap

Quote from: "penfold12"Are they planted, or just resting there untill they are planted???

Resting i guess, good point!  :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney