Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I can't believe I missed this article at DLRPmagazine:

Nemo et Cars à l'honneur dans Toon Studios

dlrpmagazine
[10/04/2005]

Lors de tables rondes tenues le mercredi 6 avril à l'inauguration de Space Mountain : Mission 2, des Imaginieurs Disney ont donné des informations aux journalistes présents ce jour-là sur la nouvelle version de Space Mountain, mais aussi sur les futures attractions de Disneyland Resort Paris, dont Toon Studios, qui ouvrira en 2007 dans le Parc Walt Disney Studios.

Toon Studios sera un ensemble d'attractions situé à Animation Courtyard, entre L'Art de l'Animation selon Disney et Les Tapis Volants. Ce sera le lieu où les Personnages Disney travailleront. Les visiteurs les verront en train de préparer deux dessins animés : Le Monde de Nemo et Cars.

Le Monde de Nemo sera une attraction type dark-ride qui n'a pas d'équivalent dans les autres Parcs Disney. Les visiteurs tourneront une des scènes du dessin animé, celle où des tortues glissent à toute vitesse le long du grand courant marin est-australien. Assis sur le dos d'une tortue géante, les visiteurs vivront cette aventure et perceront les secrets du fond marin dans un parcours de cinq minutes environ, sous l'eau, où accélérations et chutes seront au rendez-vous. Pour accroître la sensation de vitesse et faire perdre aux visiteurs le sens de l'orientation, la tortue tournera sur elle-même. Les Imaginieurs promettent que Nemo sera une grande attraction type E-Ticket.

L'autre dessin animé en tournage à Toon Studios sera Cars. A bord de véhicules à l'effigie des Personnages de Cars, les visiteurs suivront une leçon de conduite en plein désert. Tout comme Le Monde de Nemo, cette attraction sera inédite, sans équivalent dans les autres Parcs Disney. Cars est un dessin-animé Disney/Pixar, qui sortira dans les salles françaises en 2006.

En plus de ces deux attractions, plusieurs points photos seront installés à Toon Studios, notamment les caravanes de Mickey et Minnie. Les visiteurs rencontreront ainsi leurs Personnages Disney préférés et immortaliseront à jamais cette rencontre avec une photo et un autographe.

Anthony

Nemo will be around 5 minutes long!!!! And practically an E-Ticket ride!!!!

I'm so happy!  *THIS* will save WDS, ToT will just add to the success...  :wink:  :D  :D

I think it really doesn't matter now that there will only be 2 new rides in the area, since if one is an E-Ticket then that's more than I ever expected from Toon Studios.  If we add this E-Ticket to the nice bonus of the Cars ride, new themeing in Animation Courtyard (hopefully) and the new theming of Toon Studios itself, 2007 has possibly jumped from being the least to the most exciting of the three years of new attractions!

Who said Toon Studios would just be "fairground attractions"? Pah!  Yes, there may only be two new attractions, but one has the potenital to be one of the most popular new Disney rides ever!

Woooooo!!!  Go DLRP!  =D>

Thanks for making my day, Raptor!   :D

Anthony

Is it quite likely then, that Nemo will be a custom version of Primeval Whirl, but with proper dark ride sections?

http://www.rcdb.com/id1566.htm

Or, I suppose it could be a "Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin"-style ride, but that wouldn't follow the second concept art or the strong rumours there have been about the ride.

Just as a side-note, last year we heard rumours that DLRP were even thinking of making Buzz a Spinning Wild Mouse coaster and having it go out of the show building...  It's funny how rumours get mixed up isn't it?  And also we heard that Pixar had involvement with Space Mountain: Mission 2, and then it turned out they didn't *but* Michael Giacchino did the music...  :lol:

Jorien

Could someone translate that article......if he/she has the time? Can't read it!

Oh no please don't let Nemo be a ride with some spinning vehicle, please! I know for sure that i'll get sick in such a ride. Because of that i also missed out of SM and the other roller coasters and now also this ride? :(
I really hope that's not true.

Jorien  :D

Kristof

Isn't 5 minutes quite long for a Wild Mouse coaster?  :?:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Isn't 5 minutes quite long for a Wild Mouse coaster?  :?:

Yes, definately!  This makes me think this ride could be a little bit like Revenge of the Mummy with a dark ride section first and then a coaster section, which could be really good, especially since the coaster section won't be too intense (good for kids) and the dark ride ssection might allow for... audio-animatronics!!!  :D

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"and then a coaster section, which could be really good, especially since the coaster section won't be too intense (good for kids) and the dark ride ssection might allow for... audio-animatronics!!!  :D

Ooh, if it's good for kids, then i can ride it too.  :lol:  :wink: I hope there will be audio-animatronics!!  :D

Jorien

Kinou

Ow and for those who fears that the CARS attractions would be Bumbers cars, fear not, it will be like Marcel's boogie Ladybug at DCA (spinning teacups alike).
Hug it out bitch !

Jorien

Quote from: "Kinou"Ow and for those who fears that the CARS attractions would be Bumbers cars, fear not, it will be like Marcel's boogie Ladybug at DCA (spinning teacups alike).

:?
Are you just saying this to tease me???  :P
It will be like spinning teacups? Another attraction that is not very nice for people that get sick easily.  :(

Kristof

The teacups is the only attraction at the Disneyland Park I've never done.  I don't like those spining things without going anywhere...  :wink:   But I don't mind a spinning wild mouse... There's a great indoor wild mouse at Phantasialand, I hope it will be a similar one!

Kinou

That's how the similar attractions of Bug's Land looks like:

(source: MouseInfo)

Just imagine the CARS character(s?) to replace Francis Ladybug.
Hug it out bitch !

Jorien

Quote from: "raptor1982"The teacups is the only attraction at the Disneyland Park I've never done.  I don't like those spining things without going anywhere...  :wink:  

Haven't done them either. Don't like them, and i don't like this news about the new attraction at all.  :(

Anthony

According to DLRP Magazine work has begun on Toon Studios! //http://www.dlrpmagazine.com/111.php?subaction=showfull&id=1114086894&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2& ...though only in the form of performing tests and checks to the Imaginations building parking lot.  :D

That building is going to have such a lovely view when Nemo has been built - a huge show building right in your face as you step out the door!  I wonder if they'll do anything to make it better for the workers?  :?

Kristof

I'd say: demolish it!!   :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"I'd say: demolish it!!   :wink:

LOL!  :lol:

Whoever decided to put it there really should be fired though.  It's such a stupid place to put a building like that.  Why didn't they put it over near Catastrophe Canyon on the edge of the park and also nearer to the main offices?  It's going to make future expansion of Toon Studios very hard, and in fact they are going to have to try hard to fit the 2 confirmed toon attractions in there as it is!

By the way, I was thinking last night - wasn't there meant to be an Incredibles attraction for Toon Studios aswell?  What happened to that?  This leads me to believe that we (hopefully) haven't had everything the land will involve confirmed yet...