The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coruscantpt

It will be a great Christmas present for all :D
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

peep

Quote from: "raptor1982"Unless something bad happens, it WILL open on December 22. (confirmed).

Is that annual passport holders/special guests only, or is that meant to be the official opening date for everyone?

It would definatly be amazing to do a christmas time trip, tower of terror or not. TOT would just be one huge piece of icing on the big cake.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

speedpacket

Quote from: "peep"
Quote from: "raptor1982"Unless something bad happens, it WILL open on December 22. (confirmed).

Is that annual passport holders/special guests only, or is that meant to be the official opening date for everyone?

It would definatly be amazing to do a christmas time trip, tower of terror or not. TOT would just be one huge piece of icing on the big cake.
These are SOFT OPENINGS meaning park management can decide to open to limited public at their discretion at any time until official opening.
It will also - as you suggested - include special preview events for shareholders, dream passport holders, press events etc, but these dates will be communicated later on...

Soft Openings just mean that if you are really lucky, you might be granted access ;)
I just feel that if Christmas weeks will be really crowded, there is a big chance they will actually open for public, but don't take this for granted though!!!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Kristof

Speedpacket is right, but in this case, the DLRP internal schedules mention soft-opening, but in fact it should open for all guests, again, if everything goes right.

Anthony

I hope they emphasise that it's a "special, exclusive preview just for you!!!", so that people are more likely to go home and tell their friends "oh, we got to ride Tower of Terror before it even opens!".

They should also get some advertisements for Stitch Encounter around its building in time for December, so there's still a reason to return...

(I'm just a bit worried about DLRP losing return guests because they've been able to do Christmas and Tower of Terror)

Anyway, I was going to avoid Christmas this year (or at least New Year), but maybe not...

Imagineer

What is the e-ticket? Sorry if this has been posted before.

kermit

Quote from: "Imagineer"What is the e-ticket? Sorry if this has been posted before.

Well, using the search button sometimes helps, but anyways.
In the early Disneyland (California) days, people hat to buy different tickets to be able to go on the rides.

These were A-tickets, B-tickets and so on. The bigger (more thrilling) the ride the more expensive the ticket. Most expensive were d-tickets and e-tickets. That´s why things like ToT, Mission Space, SM, Splash are called E-tickets.

Greetz
Oliver
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

Maarten

The Hollywood Tower Hotel is more and more becoming a star in its own right.  8)

More photos can be found at //http://www.disneytheque.com/

howtodeal

wow ... It's going to be amaaazing  :o
I really want it finished in January   :x
thanks Maarten for the pics

penfold12

From those photo's it looks like the red brick may be staying and not being painted purple. As for the wood and aqua blue corridor section, is that unique to our tower? I have been looking at photos of DCA tower and cant make out that detail?

Owain

Great update :D

Nicholas-c

looking great  :lol:

i hope its a free standing tower without scaffolding when i go :D
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Maarten

Member Titash at Disney Central Plaza made this interesting comparison...

Although the differences are minor, I slightly prefer the exterior of our Tower to the Californian one.

speedpacket

Quote from: "Maarten"Member Titash at Disney Central Plaza made this interesting comparison...

Although the differences are minor, I slightly prefer the exterior of our Tower to the Californian one.
Don't think they won't colour the walls in between the elevators purple though!!!  If you look closley (even from far), you see the purple paint is not finised yet (or do you guys really believe that lighting would struck and leave such a horizontal line where the purple begins :) :) :))

True, the red brick is FAR more better, but in stead of that ugly colour in the corridors, I would have preferred something more classy or stylish such as the dark red that is often seen...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Maarten

Quote from: "speedpacket"Don't think they won't colour the walls in between the elevators purple though!!!

I agree, they will definately use more purple on those walls.  :)