The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SparrowsGirl

Last time i was there one of the cast members was playing around with me in the queue and when we sat on the ride he asked who could speak English there was only me and my family (3 of us) who spoke up anyway he then said ok you ignorant French you can have it in English proceeded to insult them in English about how ignorant they were while they were all smiling, other times i have asked and they happily play it in English

Josh

Brilliant. XD I wish some of the other cast members were more like that.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DutchBrit

Quote from: "SparrowsGirl"Last time i was there one of the cast members was playing around with me in the queue and when we sat on the ride he asked who could speak English there was only me and my family (3 of us) who spoke up anyway he then said ok you ignorant French you can have it in English proceeded to insult them in English about how ignorant they were while they were all smiling, other times i have asked and they happily play it in English

Ummm, this is not really acceptable is it? If it was a French CM joking about "ignorant" english people in front of them, I suppose everyone would say that was unprofessional and should have no place in Disneyland.

Josh

I think the CM only meant it jokingly. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

SparrowsGirl

Hi yeah he was only joking around and he wasn't an English cm joking about the French, he was French don't know if this makes a difference but he was very funny

disneyisthebest

Re:
Quote from: "Kristof""benjhappy" at Disney Central Plaza posted this link to the latest Val D'Europe newsletter.  On the last page, it lists the future attractions for the resort and has a concept art picture of the California Tower.

http://www.valdeurope.com/newsletters/Newsletter6.pdf
It's out of date

NanookJackal

Did anyone of you ever saw this little Video on Youtube with this Ghost sitting
at the TOT? because i think its an effect made by the Imagineers i would love to see this
at the TOT in WDs too. xD

[youtube:1kg3ilfx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTdnt9tA47o&feature=related[/youtube:1kg3ilfx]

Josh

It looks like it's just a hoax. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

NanookJackal

Some say it was one of the Halloween effects they did...
so it´s more like a Peppers ghost effect, disney is well known for...

Fasciner

I loved this ride when I visited Disneyland Paris in June : ) Especially the cast members were so great : D!! There was this one who's name was Jilian and he was really creepy : D! Does anyone have pictures of the cast members? I would love to see those because I didn't myself take pics of them!

And if nobody has photos could someone take photos next time they'll visit Tower of Terror : )?

BadKid

I'd be so scared if I was on the ride then that ghost would pop up!
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

CafeFantasia

I rode the Tower of Terror again on Saturday (12th May) and Monday (14th May) and was reminded what an excellent attraction it is.

What I really like about the Tower of Terror is that you get this unique sense of being in a team/group and sharing the experience together. And I don't know what it is (perhaps relief), but everyone seems to laugh a lot and be smiling when they get off. There are few other attractions that evoke that kind of response from guests.

ulak

Great ride!

have it some different version of ride? Seemed to me that the elevator falls differently every time (8x on ride)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Thaliel

Quote from: "ulak"Great ride!

have it some different version of ride? Seemed to me that the elevator falls differently every time (8x on ride)

Not that I knew. if I remember correctly, it goes like this: Backwards for the introductory message , up to the floor with the sfx mirror, one floor down to the room with the "ghots" inviting xou to join then, then down, up to the photo floor, down one floor with a short stop and then down to somewhere around the middle, down to the base, back up to the top, and then all the way down, finally moving forwards into the (dis)embarking position. there is, however two versions of backstories. One is the english one that I have had every time until lately, and then there is also a french versio, which I heard the firt time on my last visit to the tower last Thursday. it is the same text, just in  different languages.
<-Plz click

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: "ulak"Great ride!

It has the ability to change "versions" but DLP seem to run it one way only.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts