Upcoming Cinema Releases

Started by Anthony, June 19, 2007, 03:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

A full listing of future projects, with links to their magicforum topics. Feel free to keep the forum updated with news and updates about each upcoming feature!

DD3D = Disney Digital 3D

Walt Disney Animation Studios

» The Princess and the Frog
» Tangled (DD 3D)
» Winnie the Pooh

» Beauty and the Beast in 3D (DD 3D)

Pixar Animation Studios

» Toy Story 3 (DD 3D)
» Cars 2 (DD 3D)
» The Bear and the Bow (DD 3D)

» Monsters, Inc. 2 (DD 3D)

Walt Disney Pictures

» Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (DD 3D) (IMAX 3D)
» Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
» The Sorcerer's Apprentice
» TRON: Legacy[/b] (DD 3D) (IMAX 3D)
» Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides[/b]

» Waking Sleeping Beauty

» Enchanted 2
» John Carter of Mars
» Tim Burton's Frankenweenie
» 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo
» Swiss Family Robinson

Disneynature

» Oceans
» Orangutans: One Minute to Midnight
» Big Cats
» Naked Beauty: A Love Story that Feeds the Earth
» Chimpanzee

disney_dudette

Sorry if reapeated from last post but...
I've found they are making Movie's called:
UnderDog (3rd August),
The Game Plan (28th September),
Enchanted (21st November),
National Treasure, book of secrets (12st September) and
Wall.E (27th June 2008).
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

Anthony

Thanks, I totally missed all the Walt Disney Pictures releases. They're on there now. :wink:

Anthony

Just done a big update of the listing.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"Just done a big update of the listing.

Ant.. I have a problem with the date I see for the UK release of HSM3... I've read and my cinema says screenings will Kick off FOR English/Welsh Half Term October 24th (I remember the date as its 2 days beofre my birthday) and its not the only place I've seen it advertised for the 24th.

Is it a small possibility that you have the US and UK release dates in the wrong order?

Anthony

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Is it a small possibility that you have the US and UK release dates in the wrong order?
It was probably just an early rumoured date. It's the 24th worldwide actually! It's so hard to keep track, so if anyone else also sees anything that needs to be added or changed here, do let me know. :wink:

I've actually just cut the final UK/Europe dates in there, since that just makes it even harder to keep track.

howtodeal

Thanks for the update Anthony  :D
The only movie you're missing is "Bedtime Stories" which is an Adam Sandler
comedy, it's going to be released this christmas  :wink:

Anthony

Cars 2 has now been bumped up to 2011, from originally being a 2012 release. Apparently "Pixar animators are working round the clock to make this happen". I guess they don't want their merchandise market to grow up too much?

No idea what this does to newt or The Bear and the Bow's release dates. I'd guess newt will be 2012 instead, perhaps?

AmericanMouse

And you can now add Pirates of the Carribean 4 with Johhny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow to the list in 2011(?).  And The Jonas Brothers 3-D Concert film as well this year (2009).

Walts heir

i cant wait until POTC4 and toy story in 3d

Walts heir

tron 2 might be good

Captain Pan

Newt has been dropped a year Ant

Upcoming Pixar is reporting 2011: Cars (Summer) Bear & The Bow (Christmas)

2012: Newt

And most members of the Affiliated forum have taken and seemed to gain confirmation of this change!

Anthony

Thanks Captain Pan! I was just about to give this topic an update anyway. 2010 is going to be an amazing year for Disney films over here! Princess and the Frog, Toy Story 3, Alice in Wonderland, Prince of Persia..??!

Noticed the 2012 date for Newt in Empire too. They describe it as Pixar's rom-com. It's interesting actually that they used to get a bit of stick for using the buddy comedy formula, but now they're really trying different genres. WALL-E was their sci-fi, Up the classic adventure, Bear and the Bow the fairytale fantasy, Newt the romcom. Good plan.

Edit: Phew, update done! We need a few new topics for some of those unlinked projects sometime.

mehdi5

Only movie with the wrong release date, Tron: Legacy is being released in 2010 according to websites and the comic con trailer.
Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_Legacy
Just pointing that out :wink:

Anthony

You know, I included Tron in that "they can't be releasing all these in ONE year..?" line above, but thought I'd got it wrong... checked IMDB (behind as usual) to find 2011.

So 2010, definitely?! I hope no other film studios want to release any films next year!