What are Pin Trading Nights like?

Started by Masamune, June 16, 2007, 04:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:P My mum just got out our flight details for next week, and it turns out that the latest we can check-in for our flight home is 30 minutes before the flight is due to take off. :D This means we'll be able to spend about an hour at the Pin Trading Night on the 22nd at the Santa Fe!

:o I was just wondering what it'll be like? Like, how they're usually set out and such. The main thing I want to do is buy the Pin Trading Night pin, so is there a booth set out for people to buy those or something else? :) Also, I read on PinPics that sometimes Cast Lanyard pins are given out for free with beverages. Will there actually be a notice saying that there's a free pin available or will I just have to buy a drink and cross my fingers? :lol:

:D Also, how busy are these Nights usually? Is there many other Guests wanting to trade pins?

Masamune

:o I know we're not supposed to double-post, but I was really hoping someone would reply to this thread before I go tomorrow! The most important thing I wanna know is how busy it is, so we'll know when to start queing if needed. :) Surely someone here must've been to a Pin Trading night?

Anthony

I stopped by one with Patmagic back in March, and it was just a lot of people sat around with their collections on display, more a "look how many thousands I've spent on pins" rather than "let's trade!".  I'm not sure if we missed the main events...

It was nice to see pins from around the world though. :)

Masamune

:lol: Eek, you make it sounds so exciting.

:P I'm sure it'll be nice like you say. *Will be stalking people for Cheshire pins* :D

fly_with_me_dumbo

you know when you trade with cast members around the park, how do you got about it, i know they have to have copyroght disney on be metal, and not on their lanyard but what if the one you have is really popular and the one they have isnt, would they say no. How do you know which ones do it?

Masamune

:o As long as the pin you want to trade is official, I think the Cast Members HAVE to trade. The only ones they don't have to trade are the ones that are on their clothing instead of their lanyard, as that usually means that they don't want to trade that one. :)

fly_with_me_dumbo

mine are all official i want to trade http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/search.c ... 64&view=v2

the pumba one, old style piglet and the old style pooh and piglet one. so they would trade ANY on their lanyard, i really want to go for micky and co (start a mini collection :) ). So what would i do, do i just go up to them and ask can i trade this for that one please. Where are these cast members are they anywhere like working in the shops?
(im slightly nervous at the idea of doing this)

Masamune

:) Yup, that's about it. You just ask them if they want to trade, and they may ask you which one you want, so you point it out to them. :P Then you point out the one you want to trade to them, and they should agree.

:lol: Some Cast Members can be a bit picky, so make sure you don't have any on your own lanyard that you don't want to trade, just incase someone asks for it.

fly_with_me_dumbo

picky??? well i dont have a lanyard, so if i just had the one in my hand and said excuse me can i trade this, and pointed to the one on their lanyard would they still do it,
have you had an experience of them saying no?

Masamune

:) Yeah, they're still OK with that.

:o And yes, I have had a few say no sometimes. But that tends to be when you offer a pin from the UK Disney Store. Although they're official Disney, they don't have a Pin Trading logo on the back. The picky Cast Members will only accept pins with either the DLRP logo on the back, or the Disney pin trading logo (which tends to be on the back of American pins).

:P Most Cast Members are wonderful to trade with though. I got some really lovely pins on my last trip, one was even limited edition!

fly_with_me_dumbo

what do these logos look like, because im not sure where mine are from  :oops: they all have (c) disney on the back :D

Masamune

The DLRP logo is basically like the normal DLRP logo (Disneyland Resort Paris written in nice text) and the pin trading logo is a Mickey head that says pin trading. :)

fly_with_me_dumbo

oh ok mine are just (c) disney and then made in tiawan lol, but two of mine are defo from wdw and say that.
oh in so confused :?

Masamune

It really depends on the Cast Member. :) Like I said, most of them are wonderful to trade with, so you should try not to worry about it.

fly_with_me_dumbo

im still worried ,has anyone ever traded pins that are obviously the metal ones but say (c) disney on the back and not what masamune has said?
if someone could, could you look at the link i posted earlier and see if you think the pins i have metioned would be ok.
thanks