Interesting facts?

Started by Nicholas-c, June 12, 2007, 04:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas-c

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knew any compeltly random statistics about DLRP ? stuff like 100,000,000 million bottles of cola have been sold and stuff like that (that was an example now real fact :P)

Thanks guys
Nicholas-c
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Here are a few:

- Over 1 million light bulbs were used in the floats of the Main Street Electrical Parade.
- There are 225 000 light bulbs in the Main Street, U.S.A., facades.
- Lancelot's Carousel has a total of 86 horses, 16 of which have gold-leafed manes and tails.
- La Cabane des Robinson has 17 000 leaves.
- The Hyperion airship at Videopolis is a "first" at any Disney park and is the largest static prop used in any Disney "Magic Kingdom style" Theme Park.
- The Molly Brown is the first side wheeler riverboat in any of the Disney Theme Parks (the others are stern-wheelers).
- Phantom Manor contains 92 Audio-Animatronics characters, 54 animated props, 58 individual special effects and more than 40 show props.
- Alice's Curious Labyrinth hedge maze is 2km long! It was exclusively created for Disneyland Resort Paris, no other Disney park has this attraction.
- It's a small world has 281 Audio-Animatronics® figures. 150 paint colors were used.
- At 27 meters long, the fire-breathing dragon inside Sleeping Beauty's Castle is one of the largest Audio Animatronics® figure ever built.
- The light arches on Main Street, U.S.A., (The Lights of Winter) were made up of 35 000 electric bulbs in total. There are 13 arches, each 7,5m tall.
- The Christmas tree in Town Square is 25 m high, weighs 14 tons. It is set up in one night.
- Pirates of the Caribbean has a cast of 119 state of the art Audio Anitmatronics® figures including 55 animals and 12 skeletons!
- Lake Disney measures 400 m x 1 000 m and contains over 200 000 m3 of water.
- "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show" has a cast of 15 cowboys, 15 Indians, 6 stuntmen, 6 musicians, 10 bison, 10 longhorns and 55 horses and 1 Brahma bull. The arena seats 1058 guests.
- The sky above Disney Village was lit by 3 000 lights.
- Hotel New York has the largest round window in Europe, measuring 36 feet in diameter.
- 2000 tons of stones were used for the Sequoia Lodge hotel façades alone with 25.000 m² of wood.
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith is the fastest attraction in Disneyland Resort Paris.  It goes from 0 to 100km/h in 2.8 seconds.
- In the gardens, approximately 40.000 sprinklers and 6.000 km of buried pipes are controlled by a computer linked to two internal weather stations.  The system is equipped with software capable of automatically ordering the starting or stopping of the sprinklers depending on the amount of rain that is falling.  
- Disneyland® Resort Paris covers 1,943 hectares, that's one-fifth of Paris!
- Disneyland® Resort Paris is the biggest "garden" in Europe with 1.5 million bushes, 460,000 flowers and 20,000 trees planted each year!
- 164 costumes, using 350 meters of silk and 120,000 colored beads, were created for The Legend of the Lion King show.

Anonymous

Quote from: "raptor1982"- Disneyland® Resort Paris covers 1,943 hectares, that's one-fifth of Paris!

I remember someone at work looking at my photo's earlier in the year (who's been to WDW but not DLRP) and was putting DLRP down saying it doesn't look very big!

Nicholas-c

cool  :lol: thanks for those

Quote2000 tons of stones were used for the Sequoia Lodge hotel façades alone with 25.000 m² of wood.

thats alot of stone :p
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"
Quote from: "raptor1982"- Disneyland® Resort Paris covers 1,943 hectares, that's one-fifth of Paris!

I remember someone at work looking at my photo's earlier in the year (who's been to WDW but not DLRP) and was putting DLRP down saying it doesn't look very big!

Disneyland Park at DLRP is the biggest Magic Kingdom of 'm all.

Nicholas-c

QuoteDisneyland Park at DLRP is the biggest Magic Kingdom of 'm all.

:o Really ?? i thought American ones where giant?
July 2009 - All alone

speedpacket

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
QuoteDisneyland Park at DLRP is the biggest Magic Kingdom of 'm all.

:o Really ?? i thought American ones where giant?
The resort as a whole is larger, but the Magic Kingdom or the actual Disneyland Park as it is referred to in Paris, is larger than eny of its counterparts in the world.

There is a topic somewhere on this board that has Google Earth shots comparing the area of them all, and you can clearly see that the Paris version is the largest one.

That said.  I once more want to say that when it comes to architecture and planning, the Paris version is probably the nicest of them all - no doubt about it; just look at the maps and compare buildings such as space mountain...

Anyway - back on topic :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Soap

"- Disneyland® Resort Paris is the biggest "garden" in Europe with 1.5 million bushes, 460,000 flowers and 20,000 trees planted each year!"

Thats a great thing! There can't be enough green in the world ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

miss disney fan

where is this garden area, or are they meaning  the whole of the resort?

Riebi

yes the hole resort :)
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

miss disney fan

thanks riebi

Atlantica

All those fact are amazing!

Does anyone count like all the lightbulbs and stuff so they know exactly how many they have ?  :lol:

And I also never knew it was so big! We must get lots of exercise when we walk around it  :wink:

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Atlantica"All those fact are amazing!

Does anyone count like all the lightbulbs and stuff so they know exactly how many they have ?  :lol:

nah :p its possibly how many they order, im sure disney know exactly how many they do and dont need
July 2009 - All alone

coruscantpt

The resort as a whole is larger, but the Magic Kingdom or the actual Disneyland Park as it is referred to in Paris, is larger than eny of its counterparts in the world.

That's correct. The biggest is DLP, follow by Tokyo Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Disneyland and finally HK Disneyland which is the smallest of them all.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Owain

DlrpFan posted this before;

I feel so proud that our resort has the largest and in my opinion the best Magic Kindom in the world.  :)