How do you display/store your pins?

Started by Mushu_Stitch, May 14, 2019, 03:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mushu_Stitch

Hi all!

I'm curious more than anything but how does everyone store and/or display the pins they get from the parks?

At the moment ours are in a little treasure chest we bought from DLP a few years back along with the coins you can get from the machines around the park/village. We don't have loads, just one or two from each visit. Normally the pins with a year or something signifying a season as mementos of each visit.

I would love to display them at some point as we are in the process of having a major sort out around the house anyway. I was thinking of hanging a couple of lanyards down the side of the shelving units we have and pin them on to there.

I'd love to know what the rest of you guys do with your pins. Maybe I can steal some inspiration from you  ;D

bad-pink-tink

I keep mine in a special pin collectors bag. It has cloth "pages" like a book, where you pin the pins. This is the one I have, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-parks-Accessory-Tinkerbell-Pin-Trading-Bag-/223512586992
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

polar vixen

I splurged and bought one from the parks- so they're not on display but I really enjoy just flipping through it. My boys put theirs on a piece of cross stitch fabric, which they pin on the wall

Mushu_Stitch

QuoteI keep mine in a special pin collectors bag. It has cloth "pages" like a book, where you pin the pins. This is the one I have, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-parks-Accessory-Tinkerbell-Pin-Trading-Bag-/223512586992

Didn't know there were bags like that so might have a look and see what other styles there are  :)

QuoteI splurged and bought one from the parks- so they're not on display but I really enjoy just flipping through it. My boys put theirs on a piece of cross stitch fabric, which they pin on the wall

Have to admit I don't remember seeing pin books before. Then again there's so much to look at there's probably a lot I missed  ;D Might have to keep an eye out next time we are at the parks

Appreciate your input guys!!  :D

Slimy yet satisfying

I buy the plain canvas pictures from hobbycraft. I paint the background to suit e.g pink sparkly for Princesses, green and purple swirls for villains, red and gold for Christmas etc. I usually wait till I have the full set or collection then I pop the badges onto the canvas. There is space behind to keep the pin packs if I want to change display. They look great up on the wall in our study!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Mushu_Stitch

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on May 17, 2019, 03:50:16 PM
I buy the plain canvas pictures from hobbycraft. I paint the background to suit e.g pink sparkly for Princesses, green and purple swirls for villains, red and gold for Christmas etc. I usually wait till I have the full set or collection then I pop the badges onto the canvas. There is space behind to keep the pin packs if I want to change display. They look great up on the wall in our study!

Love the canvas idea! Think I'll have to look into this one. Definitely love the idea that I can change how I display them down the line if I build or develop my collection :)

Quote from: norhel on May 18, 2019, 07:01:50 AM
I use a bag that is very similar to this one
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-pin-trading-bag-disney-parks-large-1445401

That's a great looking bag. I have so few pins at the moment though that it might take a while to fill that  ;D

grovesie

We have all ours on a cork board mounted on the wall. The board is sprayed black to enhance the pins

Mushu_Stitch

Quote from: grovesie on May 22, 2019, 05:15:54 PM
We have all ours on a cork board mounted on the wall. The board is sprayed black to enhance the pins

Great idea spraying it black, I bet the pins look awesome on it. I had thought about a cork board but they seem so big for how few pins we have at the moment so don't want it looking too lost. Maybe if I can find a smaller bit of cork board it could a good option  :)

MiniMeg

I have the same as someone above. The pin trading bag with material 'pages' in. They do 2 sizes I think. Although I really like the canvas idea to, so I might do that with some of my special ones :-)

BlazeMagic

For displaying them in public, I wonder if they have any official Disney Ita bags, so you don't have to worry about losing your pins if any fall out.