Getting from CDG airport to DLP

Started by 15stitch, May 13, 2019, 12:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15stitch

Hi,

I know this is probably a 'how long is a piece of string question!', but roughly how long does it normally take to get from CDG airport to DLP (using the train).

Our flight is due to land at 5.35pm (Easyjet terminal 2) and I'm looking to make dinner reservations (possibly at Inventions) for that evening. 

I'm thinking that 8pm should be OK, or is this madness?
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

ZoeG

I'm not sure how long the train takes but the bus is around 40 mins, so I'd imagine the train would be less than that! I'd think 8pm would be a good time to book, gives you plenty of time! :)

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

rocker

10 min journey.

you can check the schedule & prices for the journey here
https://loco2.com

Did this before & rather than pre book a particular train (with the potential to miss it in the case of delays), I just paid extra for the walk up fare.  If you just miss a train, with a long gap to the next one, there's always Magic Shuttle as a plan B.

thatgirlkatie

Quote from: rocker on May 14, 2019, 11:30:56 PM
10 min journey.

you can check the schedule & prices for the journey here
https://loco2.com

Did this before & rather than pre book a particular train (with the potential to miss it in the case of delays), I just paid extra for the walk up fare.  If you just miss a train, with a long gap to the next one, there's always Magic Shuttle as a plan B.

What was the price of the walk up fare?
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

rocker

Quote from: thatgirlkatie on May 15, 2019, 01:07:51 PM
What was the price of the walk up fare?

I'm sorry, I can't recall.  It was pretty damn expensive for a 10 min journey though, I do remember that!

All the info you could possibly want about train travel in France & lots more is covered here...
https://www.seat61.com/France.htm
So have a dig around & there may be other places listed in there where you can find an example of the fare.

Qscout

We used to use Disney Express, but last time as our arrival was later than the last express bus, still early though in my opinion we had booked a taxi and was surprised at how inexpensive it was. It was only 5euro more than the disney express, and that was only with 2 of us travelling, and much more comfortable, without having to wait at the airport or for it to stop at loads of hotels before ours.

From now on we will be booking a taxi. It took about 40 mins. The TGV is great but with us coming in on easyjet, I never trust it being on time to make the train, and we did go for just getting a walk on once but the next train we could get a ticket on was in 2hrs time so won't be doing that again.
Kyriad Apr 08
Hotel Cheyenne Dec 09
Hotel Santa Fe Apr 11
Pop Century WDW Apr 17
Hotel Cheyenne Sep 17
Newport Bay Apr 18
Hotel New York Dec 18
Coronado Springs WDW Apr 19
Newport Bay Dec 19
Newport Bay Sep 20 Covid  Cancelled
Newport Bay Dec 21 ???