Disneyland Paris and Brexit

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2019, 01:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Disneyland Paris has taken steps to cover its holiday booking terms and conditions against the scheduled exit of the United Kingdom from the European Union on 29th March 2019, adding a "how Brexit may affect your booking" box to the wording.

❇️ Disneyland Paris adds "Brexit" clauses to its booking terms and conditions on DLP Guide

Has Brexit affected your plans for Disneyland Paris trips yet? Has anyone erred against visiting this spring "just in case"? It'd be interesting to know any experiences or tips and how anxious anyone actually is for any potential short-term problems in visiting the resort.

Dani.h

We will be going on 9th and 10th of April. I personally think the EU will sort something out before the end of March for the simple reason that otherwise the ferry operators and the likes of Eurotunnel and Disney would otherwise lose too much when it comes to revenue.

JMB

Have booked a trip to Europe for the 15th April (Efteling rather than Disney, don't hate me 😉).  We're driving so had to get an International Driving Permit and a Green card for that, and make sure there is at least 6 months on passports.  Otherwise I think it's just a case of giving plenty of time to get through customs.

As messy as things seem right now, I'd be very surprised if things got so bad as to interrupt holiday travel.  Famous last words possibly

Zee79

We've still been told not to get a permit or green card yet with nothing decided yet. So holding off at mo. How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking?

nathalie

I feel they are scaring people in many ways.
Until Brexit really happens, there just is no saying in what will happen.

JMB

Quote from: Zee79 on February 06, 2019, 08:02:03 AM
We've still been told not to get a permit or green card yet with nothing decided yet. So holding off at mo. How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking?

Green card is free from your insurer and the permit was £5.50, so thought worth getting, just in case.  To get one you need to take your driving licence, passport and a passport photo to the post office, they issue it within a few minutes. And it lasts 3 years

JMB

Quote from: nathalie on February 06, 2019, 09:34:56 AM
I feel they are scaring people in many ways.
Until Brexit really happens, there just is no saying in what will happen.

Agree, it's all to push one side or the other to make a move

Zee79

Quote from: JMB on February 06, 2019, 09:46:19 PM
Quote from: Zee79 on February 06, 2019, 08:02:03 AM

Green card is free from your insurer and the permit was £5.50, so thought worth getting, just in case.  To get one you need to take your driving licence, passport and a passport photo to the post office, they issue it within a few minutes. And it lasts 3 years

Thank you.

haribosmum

We've updated my youngest's passport - not due till August and previously would have been fine to travel to France in those dates.  But as we travel on the 6th April wouldn't give enough time if they bring in the 6mth rule.  I was expecting it to be busy at the passport office but posted it Monday and just got a text that it's on the way back to me.

Will also keep an eye on the driving permit situation, but hopefully can do that the week before we leave if we do need it.  We always get the insurance card anyway for driving overseas.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

ZINDERELLA

I have to concur with the OP about the speed of passport renewals at the moment.  :)

We are off to DLP in June and just to add to the cost of the holiday  :-\ me and both my DDs had to renew our passports. We did it all on our mobile phones, photos and all and the whole process took 2 weeks and we were kept up to date all the way. Am guessing they are putting lots of resource into this at the moment because of the 6 months validity rule.

I would be very surprised if we didn't need a green card and permit and I'm going to get one as £5.50 is a small price to pay for peace of mind. I don't see it as giving in to fear....rather the 5 Ps (Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance)

I don't see how Eurotunnel would be affected, we go through passport control anyhow and surely all they'd be checking is the 6 month validity? Oh and of course the dreaded....how dare you have children in your car with slightly different surnames without a vellum scroll showing complete family tree and do you have signed permissions from their estranged parent who noone's seen for 10 years...... :-[ and what exactly is your relationship to the man in the car who shares no one's surname.....jeez lady (with a gun) I could explain, with diagrams, but seriously ?????

Am I missing something with how we might be delayed if we don't have a deal? Other than wearing a blue and yellow starry t-shirt with "I'm terribly sorry I'm British" on it I'm not sure how else to prepare?
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus

haribosmum

Oh your comment about different surnames :-)

the only time I got really grilled was coming back into ebbsfleet on the Eurostar.  have always had my marriage certificate since, but she's also 11 now so I'd assume be able to answer for herself!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

JMB

Quote from: ZINDERELLA on February 15, 2019, 10:58:37 AM

I don't see how Eurotunnel would be affected, we go through passport control anyhow and surely all they'd be checking is the 6 month validity? Oh and of course the dreaded....how dare you have children in your car with slightly different surnames without a vellum scroll showing complete family tree and do you have signed permissions from their estranged parent who noone's seen for 10 years...... :-[ and what exactly is your relationship to the man in the car who shares no one's surname.....jeez lady (with a gun) I could explain, with diagrams, but seriously ?????

Love this.  EVERY TIME!!!! My stepdaughter is now 13 and quite enjoys seeing how far she can push the sarcasm when asked who the weird people are that she is daring to travel with.

My understanding is that the border control at Eurotunnel is an agreement between the UK and France, rather than the UK and Europe so don't see it being that different.  The impact would be if freight is delayed causing backlogs but we plan on giving ourselves a bit more time to get there.

Zee79

I've just received an email from Eurotunnel stating there is no need to worry when travelling via them, they are prepared for all Brexit outcomes.