first trip and meeting characters help

Started by its_a_jenny_thing, January 24, 2019, 03:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

its_a_jenny_thing

:) first DLP trip booked for Halloween we go fri 25th to mon 28th so 4 full days and cant wait. surprise for the kids.

we want to meet as many characters as possible during our four days so looking for any hints and tips in meeting characters and maximising time to meet as many as possible? I know with Halloween and a weekend its gonna be busy.

we have EMT as staying onsite

we also have brunch booked for the sunday in inventions is this likely to be Halloween themed with it being sunday 27th? and closest sunday to Halloween? also any tips re the brunch? and do they spend lots of time at each time ? we want to get nice photos videos and autographs.  sometimes it felt a bit rushed in wdw at the tables and we were quickly trying to get a photo before they moved off.. we loved it but felt a bit rushed sometimes.

any other hints and tips would be greatly appreciated! as Ive been told dlp is diff to wdw and how its run.

thanks Jen

Mr B Lightyear

I would say use eMT to go to the characters one morning straight away there is usually one on the left by town hall and at the end of main street in the left first thing in the morning getting there as it opens  will give you 2 with very little wait.  Also worth following someone like ED92 on Twitter as they often let you know if there are any ad hoc characters just doing impromptu meets these have small queues as no one knows they are there
Not done inventions for brunch we usually do dinner there but it is not usually rushed and you will get to see all of the characters. We missed out on Captain Hook once as he left as we arrived we mentioned to a Cm and they brought him over to us later on as it was the main character one of our kids wanted to meet. I d imagine  brunch would be the same but someone else may confirm.

Qscout

If its characters you want to meet, another tip is check out the hotels lobbies, and not just the hotel you are staying in. All the Disney Hotels have a character meet and greet, and in my experience they spend more time per group and get a lot more photos. The hotels are fairly close together, or use the various shuttle buses.
Kyriad Apr 08
Hotel Cheyenne Dec 09
Hotel Santa Fe Apr 11
Pop Century WDW Apr 17
Hotel Cheyenne Sep 17
Newport Bay Apr 18
Hotel New York Dec 18
Coronado Springs WDW Apr 19
Newport Bay Dec 19
Newport Bay Sep 20 Covid  Cancelled
Newport Bay Dec 21 ???