A different type of trip

Started by Laurence, January 16, 2019, 05:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurence

Hi everyone.

We are off to DLP in 4 weeks time for my 10th visit (I think!) and this time, want to try a different sort of trip.

Of course we'll be doing the usual rides and shows as always, but this time I want to take my time, see different things and appreciate my surroundings a bit more.

Some examples of things I have thought of are

Finding the beaver dam at Sequoia Lodge (we are staying in a Golden Forest room),
Explore the paths around the castle (I have never got under the drawbridge),
Fully explore Adventure Isle,
Take my time in the arcades,
Sit on the decked area behind the shooting gallery and in one of the Fantasia Garden gazebos,
Nautilus.

Any other suggestions along these lines would be great. What have we missed all these years and what different things can we do to appreciate DLP in a slightly different way.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

LoopyLou

As this is you 10th trip you may have already done this  :D

Watch the Main Street Parade while having dinner at Walts. My family loved this  :)

haribosmum

Follow the 'running' routes through the hotels, am sure there was a map in ours.  So walk along the river away from the park and take in the other hotel views. 

Sit in the reception area of the Pink hotel, it's lovely in there and have a visit to Café Fantasia.

Find all the coin token machines - you have different souvenirs dotted about the parks/village

Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

DC

Try to find all the hidden Mickeys. I only found one when I was there on the Thunder Mesa river boats.