Advice for season of the force please and a bit of dining advice too

Started by polar vixen, January 02, 2019, 01:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

For the first time ever we'll be visiting in March for the Star Wars season of the force and pirates and princesses festival al. It's almost time for us to book our restaurants. We have the standard full board offer. First question does anyone know if this is 1 counter service and 1 buffet or 2 buffet meals?
3. When does the park side diner close? I know we'd have to pay extra to eat here but my kids loved it last time.
3 I'm trying to work out what time to book meals for. The wed- Friday of our stay it says the studios closes at 7:30. Will the Star Wars light show on the tower of terror start at 7:30, or be on earlier? I couldn't find last years programmes to find out, so any help much appreciated. And lastly just how cold do you think I should be expecting? I can't temember when it was that the snow hit last year.
Thank you myndisney loving friends!

claire2281

The meal plans are valid for two restaurants (lunch and dinner) as far as I know so you'll get two buffets.

The Hotel New York closes soon for its refurbishment so the Parkside Diner won't be available.

I have a vague recollection that the light show wasn't at park closing but tbh I would assume it would be and book dinner for after then if you can. It also tends to be a bit quieter if you're eating after 8pm.

When I've been in March the main thing has been the windchill - it can be pretty damn breezy at that time of year and I've found it very cold!

Hope that helps.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

grovesie

We have been to the parks twice for Season of the force. Both times the shows were before the park closing time. There were 2 later showings  one french the other English

Hope this helps.

dlpowl

We went for SOTF last year in March and it was very cold.  We needed thick coats, hats and scarves. It also rained most days so I'd take a waterproof. 

I'm sure the Star Wars nightime laser show in the studios started 15 minutes before closing, so you were leaving at Park closing time rather than starting at closing time as Illuminations does.

And full board is 2 vouchers which have the same monetary value if you upgrade to a higher category restaurant.  On their own they are valid for the same level of restaurant so you can either use them in a quick service restaurant (but that will be less than their face value) or at a buffet.  We went in Restaurant Des Stars in the studios a couple of times for a buffet lunch and really enjoyed it.  It was a big hit with my kids, even the eldest who is a super fussy eater!