What would you keep?

Started by JMB, July 06, 2019, 07:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMB

So DLP have announced that they need to sell a load of land to the government for new houses, they will only have Disneyland Park left!!

You're in charge!!!!  Of all the rides/attractions from both parks, which ones to you keep and which do you lose?  A couple of rules, you cannot increase the number of rides/attractions currently in Disneyland Park (pretend they're all the same physical size to stop it getting complicated)

And if you want to create new lands, that's fine, but how do the rides you're keeping fit in with the theming and there can only be 5 lands (Main St counts as a land, unless you replace it)

Mushu_Stitch

Interesting hypothetical (at least I really hope it's hypothetical as I don't want DLP to shrink  ;D )

The rides that would go untouched without question would be Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Carribean, Star Tours and Ratatouille. I would keep Main Street and the area immediately around the castle exactly as it is as well - I like the atmosphere and general feel of the area so wouldn't want to fix something that isn't broken.

Now for the land that I would give away...

My first thought is the Adventure Isle part of Adventureland, including the Robinson family treehouse. Nothing against these specifically. They are nice to walk around, lots of details to look at and enjoy but I feel like once it's been done once in a visit you then just pass through as a shortcut between other rides. Essentially I think it doesn't have the repetition appeal that many other rides do have.

On a similar train of thought, Casey Jr (no pun intended) and the storybook boat area would go as well. Again, nothing wrong with them and I do enjoy the boats in particular but again, it's one of the rides I would only do once but no more than twice in a visit. If I had kids then I may not be saying this as I definitely see the appeal of these rides for families with younger kids especially. Having said that, I'm being ruthless and would get rid of it anyway  ;D

In the studios park, the main bit I would get rid of would be the rock 'n' roller coaster area. Not a massive fan of that ride and never really go through that area so feel like it wouldn't be a loss. I know there's been mention of the ride being re-themed but until I've personally seen the end result of that then I would have to keep this on the list as an area to go.

I don't really think there are any other areas I would want to get rid of outside of the ones mentioned already. All other areas have rides that work well within the land, adding to the atmosphere and are enjoyable no matter how many times you go on them. For this hypothetical where land has to go then I thought the areas and rides that have the repetition enjoyment meant they were more valuable to stay.

Don't get me wrong though, I would rather DLP not lose any areas or rides, I love it exactly how it is!

Would love to know if anyone shares my thoughts or has different ideas  :)

JMB

Now I have questions  ;D

If you're going to keep Ratatouille (remember WDS is closing) then where would you put it?  Would it be a replacement for Adventure Isle and, if so, how does that fit with Pirates and Indiana Jones?  Or would you being moving the whole of Place de Remy into the area behind Fantasyland where Casey and the funny boat thing is? 

Totally agree that Main Street and the castle and the hub all stay put, I would also leave Fantasyland well alone.  However, I really would want to keep some of WDS attractions.  Frontierland is safe, love BTM and Phantom Manor.  Adventureland will be losing the tree and ToT is going in with a Tarzan makeover.  It's bye bye to Discoveryland, this is now a Pixar land with  AC replacing Autopia, Ratatouille going into Star Tours location (it's had it's day  :o) Space Mountain is safe but it's also having a makeover so say hello to Incredibles coaster, in the dark.  Buzz, despite being Pixar, is also gone and we are welcoming in Crush.  Finally, Discoverland theatre is now home to Mickey and The Magician ( I know it's not Pixar but it's brilliant).  Oh and the submarine can move out for slinky dog.

Mushu_Stitch

Quote from: JMB on July 10, 2019, 04:36:47 PM
Now I have questions  ;D

If you're going to keep Ratatouille (remember WDS is closing) then where would you put it?  Would it be a replacement for Adventure Isle and, if so, how does that fit with Pirates and Indiana Jones?  Or would you being moving the whole of Place de Remy into the area behind Fantasyland where Casey and the funny boat thing is? 

Totally agree that Main Street and the castle and the hub all stay put, I would also leave Fantasyland well alone.  However, I really would want to keep some of WDS attractions.  Frontierland is safe, love BTM and Phantom Manor.  Adventureland will be losing the tree and ToT is going in with a Tarzan makeover.  It's bye bye to Discoveryland, this is now a Pixar land with  AC replacing Autopia, Ratatouille going into Star Tours location (it's had it's day  :o) Space Mountain is safe but it's also having a makeover so say hello to Incredibles coaster, in the dark.  Buzz, despite being Pixar, is also gone and we are welcoming in Crush.  Finally, Discoverland theatre is now home to Mickey and The Magician ( I know it's not Pixar but it's brilliant).  Oh and the submarine can move out for slinky dog.

I would say Ratatouille fits in better in the space that would open up in Fantasyland. Would definitely fit in better there then where Adventure Isle is.

Love the ideas you have as well. Especially think space mountain becoming an Incredibles ride is a brilliant idea, would fit within your new Pixar land perfectly. The one bit I would disagree with is getting rid of Buzz, I do enjoy that one so definitely think it has some value staying in. Plus it would help tie in the RC racer and slinky dog and almost become a new mini Toy Story land within the Pixar land.