Lineberty, Mastercard benefits & Rendez-vous Gourmand

Started by rocker, August 12, 2018, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocker

Me & my little lady are off to DLP in 3 weeks...whoop!
Annual passes about to expire so probably our last trip for a while  :'(

Anyway...

1. Has anyone used Lineberty for the character meets...Any tips on how it works & who you can meet using this facility?

2. Same question for the new Mastercard benefits.  Despite some Googling, there seems to be precious little info out there.  Can anyone tell me...
What shows I can get reserved seating for?
Do I just turn up & flash my Mastercard or do I need to do some sort of pre booking?
Are the Mastercard reserved seats that good?

3. Rendez-vous Gourmand
Looking forward to some differant food options in HS.  Anyone tried the Rendez-vous Gourmand offerings? - how was it, tasty? decend sized portions?  Also, do the Rendez-vous Gourmand stalls give an annual pass discount?

Any advice appreciated.
Ta

NCC1701Q

1. Sorry, can't help you there
2. You need to go to Studio Guest Services (on the day you want to use them) and get the tickets by showing your Mastercard. The seats are quite good and the advantage is you can turn up like 5 minutes before the show and still get seats. That's a big timesaver!
3. The portions are quite good and some stuff is even cheaper than if you buy it in a regular stall (e.g. 500ml water is €3,49 from DLP itself but €3,00 from a Rendez-vous Gourmand-stall). We tried the pancakes, pretzels and fries with fricandel and they were all very tasty!

Enjoy!

pontyslapper

Lineberty - Its great, but you have to hit it as soon as the app 'opens' for booking the characters you want to see - the times are listed in the park programme. You'll need to either be hooked onto the Disney wifi or have a data allowance on your phone - I found my data allowance worked better than the Disney wifi, which seemed to drop out when the app 'opened' for character bookings.
No app booking, no character meet - its for Mickey, Buzz Lightyear, The Incredibles and Captain America - all in the Studios - character meets in the main park are still the old fashioned queue scrum!

We saw lots of people get turned away as they didn't 'get it' - despite it being quite clear in the park programme that you need to book using the app. Some got quite shirty with the cast members operating the much shorter queues. The bonus of booking with the app is you have an idea of how long it will be and the app will ping you a message shortly before your time and you can check how long roughly before your turn - this means you can 'risk' a ride or several if you have the time.

If you both have phones with data - get the app on both so you have double chance at getting a booking. If you strike on both you can always cancel one of them.

With regards the Mastercard thing - tried it and failed for Moteurs - you have to 'book' on the day in City Hall or Guest Services in the Studios. I went to City Hall at about 9.30 one morning - yep, during Extra Magic Time and all the Moteurs MC seats were gone, as were everything else - so its one to do as soon as you get in if your able to use EMT.

rocker

Many thanks...  Really helpful. 

Whenever I go to HS, I do the "Crush rush" & then straight on to Ratatouille early ride so hopefully I can still do those then by the time I return to Studio Services they will still have Mastercard tickets left.  Oh well, let's see. 

Not too worried about Moteurs, pretty good views all over for that one, but would love to use it for Mickey & The Magician...no mega queue & top seats...I like the sound of that  ;)

Only 3 days until my trip.  I've got to the checking the weather & checking queue times on the app stage!

A Princess Disnae......

Sorry to butt in folks,  really interested in the conversation regarding the use of MasterCard to reserve seats. Does this only apply to a credit card or is it also valid for a debit card? Thanks as always. X
Newport Bay 2002, Santa Fe 2013, 2014 & 2015, DLP Half Marathon Weekend Cheyenne 2016, Sequoia Lodge February 2017, DLP Half Marathon Weekend 2017 Hotel New York.
Magic Run Weekend 2018 Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge Feb 2019. Next holiday Magic Run Weekend 2019 Disneyland Hotel

rocker

Quote from: A Princess Disnae...... on August 29, 2018, 11:25:31 AM
Sorry to butt in folks,  really interested in the conversation regarding the use of MasterCard to reserve seats. Does this only apply to a credit card or is it also valid for a debit card? Thanks as always. X

You just quickly show your card & you get issued the tickets, so no difference if it's a credit or a debit card.