Cars land hinted at WDS Park?

Started by irishbhoy1888, July 08, 2018, 03:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2018/07/dlp-walt-disney-studios-latest.html?m=1 A very interesting article from Disney and more about a leaked document supposing to show blueprints for the future wdsp expansion.
In it you can see plans which look exactly like aerial footage of the cozy cone area of DCA cars land.
Imo they will not be keeping the tram tour and are just using it to distract from what they are really thinking.
Why put a cozy cone to the right of the lake, an area with huge expansion space if they where not thinking of something bigger?

YenSidBot

This looks moe like a fan concept . I cant see the tram tour staying to be honest and it wouldnt make sense having the cosy cone with the cars race rally ride in a different area of the park
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: YenSidBot on July 08, 2018, 07:16:08 PM
This looks moe like a fan concept . I cant see the tram tour staying to be honest and it wouldnt make sense having the cosy cone with the cars race rally ride in a different area of the park

It says it was leaked and is supposed to be real, i know it might not be but it also could be.
Disney and more is a very reputable site.

Rocketeer

Alain's recent article explains that other sites have removed the plan at the request of the Mouse. So it sounds like it is genuine. However it still may not be the final plan. After all things can change.

Sure, Cars Land is hinted, but this could be 5 years down the line. Some mega-hit could be released by then that warrents a land of its own.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

It seems that WDW and TDR were both interested in a version of Cars Land. However they did not proceed with the plans - which could be to the benefit of Paris.

Speculation on what Cars Land could be if it were to happen at WDS....
QuoteSo, i was wondering if they plan to bring a Cars Land at DLP DHS - and this is a big "IF" - if they are thinking to do it like it was planned for WDW DHS, i.e with a Cars Land main street, a smaller mountain range, eventually a B-Ticket attraction for kids like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - or moving the "Cars Quatre Roues Rallye" currently in front of Crush's Coaster to the new land, and for the big attraction having Radiator Springs Racer with the race track, all indoor. Not only for weather reasons but also to save money as if the race track is outdoor it requires to build the same huge mountain range they did at California Adventure.
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-cars-land-that-never-was-and-one.html

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

irishbhoy1888

Theirs no point in Paris getting smaller or lesser version attractions than its sister parks in the states.
It actually turns me off wanting to, we are heading the same rubbish about start wars land being smaller and having only one of the 2 attractions there.

Rocketeer

Just because its smaller doesn't mean it will be a lesser attraction.

Taking the Radiator Springs Racers as an example - although it will be a cloned attraction, it will be somewhat unique by it being entirely indoors.

I see that as a good thing for the resort. Its a version that no other park has.

irishbhoy1888

Nope sorry, don't agree with that assessment. I think the carsland in DCA is perfect and it would be really unwise to change that formula. The outside mountains area is what really makes it what it is.

Rocketeer

Fair enough - and I do see where you're coming from. Paris should not have to be "second best" anymore.

Who knows, by the time this plan rolls around, maybe the budget for a full-fat Cars Land will be possible.

Ravenseye

I have only watched youtube vids of CarsLand but wow! Looks fab, I'm looking forward to seeing how this plan transpires.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...