Work trip to Paris = one day in the parks! Tips for a solo day?

Started by loladelorean, July 06, 2018, 10:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

Hi everyone,

I've just found out that I'll be going to Paris next month for a work thing (definitely been sent worse places!), and of course I'm planning to stick around to spend a day in the parks, and some time in the city.
My DLP day will be a Saturday, in August - I've never visited in the summer or at a weekend so I know I've got some serious crowds in store and won't be able to do a whole lot of rides. I'm OK with that, I will be back for a proper trip with my family in November.

I've also never spent time in the parks on my own before - I'm quite looking forward to it.
Any tips from people who have done solo trips in the past? Where did you eat? What were the pros and cons of going solo?
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Mcflurrys2015

I haven't done a solo trip yet but just wanted to offer some advice, yes it will be busy but you have the added bonus of single rider which will massively cut down your waiting time. Just being there for the day I would definitely opt for a quick service meal instead of a full sit down meal. unless that's what you like to do. Some of my Fave non sit down meals are Hakuna matata, Caseys, Colonel Haiti's, Earl of sandwich ( if you have time)
Have  a fab time :)
Hotel New york July 2009
Santa fe Aug 2009
Seqoia Lodge  August 2015
Day trip July 2016
Off site - Kyriad nov 2016
Off site explores Feb 2017
Walt Disney World Caribbean beach booked Aug- 2019