Half board plus or premium?!

Started by Billiebelle, April 07, 2018, 11:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billiebelle

Hello everybody :)

I'm a huge huge Disneyland fan. I've been 4 times these past two years  :-X & I'm looking to book next Summer with my boyfriend in the Golden Forest club in Sequoia Lodge. Sooo excited as we haven't stayed there before!

I usually stay with my family in the Compass Club in the Newport Bay, but as my partner and I will be travelling alone I needed something a little more affordable (Golden Forest seems to be about £300 less for the exact same thing as Compass Club, just a different hotel?!). Last time my dp and I went together, we stayed in the Cheyenne, which was ok - room was lovely, and we weren't too bothered as we just wanted to spend the whole days in the parks - just needed somewhere to sleep! However, we booked half board standard, and I honestly thought the food was awful. Some of the restaurants were nice - Plaza Gardens in particular! But we felt really let down by the breakfast. Maybe this was owing to the fact that I usually go Half Board plus when travelling with my family!

I am booking next holiday as a surprise for his birthday. Decided on Sequoia, 4 nights/5 days, Golden Forest. Can't decide on whether to go half board plus or premium, though?! It stands at £160 difference at the moment. Everyone I've asked aeems to think it'll be worth it as we can do Buffalo bills, dine in the Disney hotel, have more options in every restaurant more or less (boyfriend is very fussy!). Has anyone upgraded from plus to premium and thinks it was worth it?!

jazdisney

Me and my partner are in basically the same situation. We came in 2015 and stayed in the Newport Bay, used the Plus meal plan and were a little disappointed by the food. We've booked to come back in October of this year (also staying in Golden Forest), and this time we've opted for the Premium meal plan. We're hoping that by going to restaurants such as Walt's, Chez Remy, and Billy Bob's Wild West Show; while being able to eat from the higher quality menus, we'll have a much better experience with food.

Personally I'm spoiled by lots of trips to WDW, where the food is outstanding, hoping for some solid food from DLP this time out though.

Also you mention breakfast, and from what I've read elsewhere, the hot breakfast in the Golden Forest Lounge is totally worth it, so I'm hoping it works out!
WDW: 1995-1999, 2001-2006, 2009, 2013, 2014-2017.
DLP: 1997 (Disneyland Hotel), 2015 (Newport Bay Club).
Upcoming: DLP - Oct/Nov 2018 (Sequoia Lodge (GF))