Lion king show

Started by catempireftw, April 07, 2018, 06:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catempireftw

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/disneyland-paris-adds-new-lion-king.html

So what does everyone think of the new show? It will be strange with a lion king segment present in mickey and the magician.

Pete's Dragon

"Loin King". That's a bit risqué for Disney 😜

Don't think its part of Mickey and the Magician, it will at the newly rebuilt Chaparral theatre (an area of the park that needs another ride or two)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on April 07, 2018, 07:54:58 PM
"Loin King". That's a bit risqué for Disney 😜

Don't think its part of Mickey and the Magician, it will at the newly rebuilt Chaparral theatre (an area of the park that needs another ride or two)

It IS a part of Mickey and the Magician.
But next to the fact that The Lion King plays a big role in Mickey and the Magician, there will also be a separate show in Chaparral Theatre.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DLPWonders (Banned)

I'm extremely happy that the Disneyland Park is FINALLY receiving a proper stage show again.
The Frozen Sing Along and Forest of Enchantment were cheap, bad quality productions to fill time.
The last actual good quality stage shows that Disneyland Paris had were Mickey's Winter Wonderland, The Tarzan Encounter (both at Chaparral Theatre, ended in 2012) and The Legend of The Lion King (in Videopolis Theatre, ended in 2009).

However, I'm seriously disappointed that it's once again a show based on The Lion King.
We've already had The Legend of The Lion King from 2004 to 2009. It plays a large role in Mickey and the Magician. There are scenes in Dreams and Illuminations, there's a float in Stars on Parade. We can see a TLK show in other Disney Parks. There's a musical from it.
In my opinion, it's the most overrated movie of all. And I would've loved to see something new and original, instead of something that we've already had.

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

polar vixen

Or just a different movie... tangled or.mulan would make great stage shows  ot even tarzan again cos of acrobatic opportunity

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: polar vixen on April 07, 2018, 09:41:19 PM
Or just a different movie... tangled or.mulan would make great stage shows  ot even tarzan again cos of acrobatic opportunity

Im guessing that the new live action version of The Lion King has something to do with it. But yeah, there are plenty of other movies they could use for a change

Rocketeer

I wonder if this is (in part) the show that was at Shanghai Disneyland? It closed last year, so I'm guessing they could re-use some of the props and sets.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

catempireftw

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 08, 2018, 03:43:35 PM
I wonder if this is (in part) the show that was at Shanghai Disneyland? It closed last year, so I'm guessing they could re-use some of the props and sets.

From what I've gathered that was very similar, if not a clone to the broadway production and was quite large.  So I doubt it, but maybe small amounts of props and costumes could be modified.

DLPFanatic

disappointed it's Lion King again. it seems to feature a lot in the park shows. would of liked Aladdin even though it does have a slot in MATM or Brave or Mulan even for something totally different