Coeliac - any tips?

Started by Kseck3, March 27, 2018, 06:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kseck3

Hi,
We have booked NPB compass club :)
My husband is coeliac so I'm trying to find options for him.
I am planning on bringing all his bread items in the car as we are driving. Does anyone know if there will be a problem at the port with that?
I'm not going to bring anything fresh like meat or diary.
I've seen a great menu with Planet Hollywood so will do that 1 eve.
He can have the fruits and yogs and hams at breakfast so can fill up a bit on that.
Any other suggestion that anyone can help with please?
He would eat the Natanma meals that I've seen as they have had really poor reviews!!!
Thanks in advance x
Dlp1995 - camp Davy crocket
Orlando 1995 - villa
Dlp1997-Newport bay
Orlando - 1998 -villa
Dlp- 1999 Newport bay
Dlp-day visit 2007
Dlp-March 2013 - Sequioa lodge-with dd
Dlp-May 2014-Sequioa lodge- x2dd....golden Forrest
Dlp- March 2019- Newport Bay....Compass Club

AJDisney

Whilst I'm not coeliac, I am vegan. I don't avoid gluten, but the 'free from' menus as DLP are all together for people avoiding dairy, eggs and wheat, so I can give some advice! At breakfast, they do have gluten free options like bread -- you just need to ask a waiter, as they don't on display. There were beads, cakes and biscuits.

Restaurants are more difficult, however. Your husband won't be able to eat anything from the main menu do to cross contamination. They do have Natama meals, which are literally microwaveable meals charged at full price. More information here; https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-dlp-assets/prod/en-gb/system/images/dis8432_allergie_uk_2018_v5_bassedef.pdf.

Personally, my suggestion would be to avoid eating at DLP itself, other than for breakfast which is included in your room. For gluten free, it's extremely expensive (Natama meals aren't reduced in price, so you'll pay a fortune for them!). Auchen in Val D'Europe has a HUGE 'Sans Gluten' section. Have a look there!
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

polar vixen

Vapiano in the village do gluten free risotto. And it depends on your level-  weve been fine in chez remy, auberge de cendrillon and cowboy cookout. Buffets are harder but not impossible. Theyll all provide gluten free bread. It just depends on whether you can risk toss contamination or not. The roast dishes and veg etc salad option, jelly pots and ice creams or lollies at buffets were all ok for us.