Pixar's Coco

Started by Rocketeer, December 06, 2016, 11:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Some details have been released about Pixar's upcoming 19th film 'Coco'. Due out in America 22nd November '17 and in the UK in 8th December '17.

Here's the official synopsis..

QuoteCoco follows the secret musical ambitions of Miguel, who resides in a lively, loud Mexican village but comes from a family of shoemakers that may be the town's only music-hating household. For generations, the Riveras have banned music because they believe they've been cursed by it; as their family history goes, Miguel's great-grandfather abandoned his wife decades earlier to follow his own dreams of performing, leaving Imelda (Miguel's great-grandmother) to take control as the matriarch of the now-thriving Rivera line and declare music dead to the family forever.

But Miguel harbors a secret desire to seize his musical moment, inspired by his favorite singer of all time, the late Ernesto de la Cruz (Benjamin Bratt). It's only after Miguel discovers an amazing link between himself and De la Cruz that he takes action to emulate the famous singer and, in doing so, accidentally enters the Land of the Dead.

In the beautiful underworld, it's not long until Miguel encounters the souls of his own family — generations' worth of long-dead but no less vivacious Rivera ancestors, including great-grandmother Imelda. Still, given the opportunity to roam around the Land of the Dead, Miguel decides to track down De la Cruz himself. He teams up with another friendly (and skeletal) spirit — a trickster named Hector, voiced by Gael García Bernal — to find De la Cruz, earn his family's blessing to perform, and return to the Land of the Living before time runs out.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

A little short featuring Miguel's dog Dante.

https://youtu.be/6rOKoa6RSHM

Rocketeer

Pete's Dragon

Just watched it. Some very familiar Pixar themes but a great film nonetheless. Just wish I hadn't been chopping onions near the end  :'(