Buying Pins in the Park - advice needed please

Started by dlpowl, March 02, 2018, 12:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpowl

Hi guys,

I'm a new pin collector hence my question.  DLP are releasing some limited edition pins on Sat March 17th in Pueblo Trading Post and I'd like to buy some as I'm there that day.  So my question is, how does it work on these pin release days?  Do I just go to Pueblo at 10am and I'll be able to buy them or will there be massive demand and I need to be outside earlier and in a big queue?  Someone has mentioned to me that I may have to queue in Liberty Arcade and get a wristband to then gain entry to the shop when it opens?  Any advice from you pin buying pros would be much appreciated!  Thank you!

Slimy yet satisfying

Yes. Definately be there for EMT and get your wristband.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Keandra

Where in the Liberty Arcade do you need to queu then?
This is the first i hear about it.
We would like to go to that little shop when we're there 14th of april.
Never been to this shop before, so i need some info to get there.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Keandra on April 02, 2018, 06:38:52 PM
Where in the Liberty Arcade do you need to queu then?
This is the first i hear about it.
We would like to go to that little shop when we're there 14th of april.
Never been to this shop before, so i need some info to get there.

The queue will be throughout the entire Liberty Arcade.
This is only on the days where LE pins get released.
Any other day you just simple walk to the shop and that's it.

For the release of LE pins, people start queuing from the first second the park opens during Extra Magic Time at 8.30am.
The queue will be formed throughout the Liberty Arcade.
Cast members hand out tickets/wristlets which has a number on them.
With that number you form a queue at the Pueblo Pin Trading Post shop after Frontierland rope drop at 10am.
You got to be early, because most of the time by 9/9.30am all tickets/wristlets to get are gone.
LE pins take some serious waiting.

To give an idea of how busy it will be:
this photo was taken a couple of months ago, at 8.10am. Only 10 minutes after park opening.
The queue started at the Frontierland entrance, and ended at the end of the Liberty Arcade.
And all tickets were gone. (And this is pretty much always the case)

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Tinker82

Be prepared to run like a crazy person lol

By coincidence we were there for the March pin releases on St Patricks Day. We queued outside the external gates at around 7.45, ran to the turnstiles when the gates were opened, then ran to liberty arcade when the turnstiles opened! There was a large queue immediately but all 3 of us managed to get wristbands in the second colour wave :)

(Each wristband allows you to purchase 2 of each LE pin.)

You're then free to make use of EMT for an hour or so before heading into Frontierland. To get to the shop you need to head to Pocahontas playground. The shop opens at 10 - we were the 2nd colour of wristband which started at 10.30 & we'd done by 11!

The shop queue isn't explained very well but you need to make sure you join the part of the queue for your wristband colour! We didn't know this & joined the back of the large queue but thankfully a cast member checking wristbands moved us forward!