Breakfast in the park

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, January 07, 2018, 10:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hi all, we will be staying at the DLH and have no meal plan included what options are available in the park and where?we last stayed at sequioa GF so had breakfast included, but to add hotel breakfast it's €60 per day for me and my son which works out a lot for the 4 mornings especially when he eats only weatabix that I take with us.

claire2281

The only places I can recall being open before 10am are Cookie Kitchen and Market House Deli and they're not really breakfast food (unless you count doughnuts  ;D)

Tbh I would walk over to the Village if possible and choose either Starbucks or Earl of Sandwich - both of whom have a good breakfast selection for a decent price.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

bad-pink-tink

the quick service breakfast places in the parks are usually Cafe Hyperian or Pizza Bella Notra.
Depending on park / hotel capacity they also sometimes open Restaurant en Coulisse in The Studios

In Disney Village
Starbucks, McDonalds and Earl of Sandwich open at 8am

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou both for your comments really helpful for our planing  :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on January 07, 2018, 04:47:54 PM
the quick service breakfast places in the parks are usually Cafe Hyperian or Pizza Bella Notra.
Depending on park / hotel capacity they also sometimes open Restaurant en Coulisse in The Studios

In Disney Village
Starbucks, McDonalds and Earl of Sandwich open at 8am

* Café HyperiOn and Pizzeria Bella NotTE.
And neither are open ever for breakfast.

Café Hyperion was open for breakfast during Extra Magic Hours.
But since that changed to Extra Magic Time, Discoveryland (incl Café Hyperion) isn't a part of it anymore.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

jessief

Goodbye season of goodwill, hello season of repetitive sarcasm !! Happy new year everyone xx

Slimy yet satisfying

Ignore little miss know it all. Don't let that bad apple spoil your day. Immature drivel get off.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Slimy yet satisfying

To confirm.
Best place to get hot milk at a reasonable price is in the Village at either McDs or Starbucks. You can just take a plastic bowl and wheatabix with you. I don't think it will be a problem if you order a coffee or something too. I have seen families eating yogs alongside bought items.

In the park its more limited as most counter service seem to use powdered whitener rather than actual hot milk.

Several eateries in both parks have historically been open for breakfast in the park. I think that having introduced character breakfasts at Plaza Gardens this is being reduced...less profit I suppose.

A lot of grown ups on this forum will remember the days of Good morning Fantasyland" where Pizzeria Bella Notte was open EVERY morning during busy seasons to have the choice of your hotel breakfast in the park. Cafe Hyperion took over this most recently and also has been open some early mornings.

Over the years there have and will be adaptations so its not correct to say  that some are never open ever for breakfast. New places are opening in the Village all the time so we cant say whats next.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Maybe give an actual answer instead of trying to correct me just because you can't handle my directness.

Les Pirouettes du Vieux Moulin was also an attraction once open. Doesn't mean that you can go on it now.
So all this "A lot of grown ups on this forum will remember the days of Good morning Fantasyland" where Pizzeria Bella Notte was open EVERY morning during busy seasons to have the choice of your hotel breakfast in the park. Cafe Hyperion took over this most recently and also has been open some early mornings." is complete and utter bullshit.

Yes, many years ago Bella Notte was open for breakfast. Not exactly helpful for people who want to go NOW and not step into a time machine.
Café Hyperion is (as I stated above) not open during EMT anymore. So again, not exactly helpful for people who want to go NOW and not step into a time machine.

Yes, I'm bold direct and sarcastic. But at least I still manage to give information ;)
Neither Bella Notte or Café Hyperion are open for breakfast. That they were in the past, doesn't mean a damn thing now.
So sit your ass down, and give some actual information instead of continuously riding my back just because you're a weakass figure who can't look past a direct comment.
And for the future: if you have anything else to say to me or about me, PM me. Bye now.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

AJDisney

June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

jessief

In my opinion weakness lies in using the anonymity of a forum to try to make others look small. Maybe we don't  all live in the parks so give information based on our knowledge. If there have been changes then it is good for fellow members to update, but not with an I , and only I, know best attitude. Also, anyone should feel free to ask the most basic questions without being made to feel inadequate, this is all about Disney for goodness sake, the happiest place on earth!! Genuinely helpful information or discussion beats attention seeking deriding hands down.

polar vixen

Was it thumper who said if you cant say anything nice....  and theres a difference between giving a durect answer and correcting peoples spelling with capitals and underlining. And speaking purely for myself i dont appreciate foul language.

Anthony

Quote from: DLPWonders on January 08, 2018, 10:26:47 AM
And for the future: if you have anything else to say to me or about me, PM me. Bye now.

Ok, given my inbox is bursting with complaints about your posts this morning - expect a message from us in a moment!

Meanwhile I'll close this topic and let's move on...