Succes

Started by flor, January 12, 2004, 10:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flor

Does anyone know if the whole pin-trading proces is a giant succes?

Anthony

As experiment626 said in the "my first one!" topic:
QuoteAnd I guess if people weren't buying these little things then Disney wouldn't be able to ask that much money for them...

So basically the high prices and the fact that the LE pins sell out so fast confirms that DLRP must be doing well with this.  The Pin Events always seem very popular, and just from looking on eBay you can see many many people bidding on pins, again confirming the great success of Pin Trading in DLRP.  Unfortunately the only way i see prices going in the future is up, and i think that if they don't do something about this and also the unfriendly nature of some Pin Traders as they grab pins befored they sell out then the popularity will likely decrease a bit.

I'd love to control Pin Trading in DLRP, just so that i could reduce Pin prices and decide which pins to release!  :D

experiment627

Yeah,

I think that these really crazy pin traders (just take a look at what folks are sitting there on Victoria's Terrace - sometimes that's just a bit too heavy...) are destroying the whole fun behind pin trading.

Can the "Average Joe" really get a nice pin of a CM's lanyard after all of them have been "harvested" by these maniacs who come in at least once a week to get a look at every poor Disney employee who happens to wear a lanière???

flor

Doesn't the Company keeps some LE pins in stock, to distribute later among the CM's? Just to have people the chance to trade with them? Even if they're sold out in the shops? Some pins in back-up?

experiment627

Not sure about that... however even if some of them appear on CM-lanières - there are those crazy heads who are checking each and every CM at least once a week to see if they've got any interesting pins. They "harvest" all the good ones - not many end up being traded with regular guests...

flor

Quotethose crazy heads who are checking each and every CM at least once a week to see if they've got any interesting pins
FREAKS :!:  :!:

Kristof

I can't imagine myself staring at the chest of a CM...  :?

flor

QuoteI can't imagine myself staring at the chest of a CM...
And how about J.... and that one singer of Mickey's Show Time?