Tips for vegetarians

Started by loladelorean, September 30, 2017, 06:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

As a veggie at Disneyland I've memorised all the places I can get decent food, so I thought I'd share my list here in the hope that other veggies find it useful. Please add more, as I'm sure this isn't 100% comprehensive!

Quick service
Toad Hall does a decent veggie burger as part of a meal deal - seems to be the only counter service place that offers this
Bella Notte and Colonel Haitis do veggie pasta
Blockbuster Cafe has sandwiches and pizza bread things
Fuente del Oro can do veg fajitas (yum) or there's another veggie option, think it's a taco bowl

Table service
Bistro Remy has a lovely tofu casserole
The Steakhouse (of all places...) has two nice veg options - Portobello burger and veg lasagne
Silver Spur has a veggie burger
Annettes has a great veggie burger (my personal favourite!)
Captain Jacks has a few starter options and a veg curry
King Ludwigs has pizzas and pastas
Rainforest Cafe has veg fajitas, possibly a few other things too
Inventions has enough on the buffet to make a meal, loads of salads etc, but you will feel short changed compared to meat eating companions!

I've never actually eaten in Agrabah or Vapiano (in the Village) but I'd be very surprised if both of them didn't have good veg options too - maybe someone else can confirm.

Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

pixiedust86

Thank yoooou for taking the time to compile this list! It's really helpful!
I've read that the French working at DLP don't seem to understand or like the idea of being vegetarian or vegan! I also read that almost everything in DLP is cooked in meat stock "to improve flavour". Hopefully DLP will move with the times and will soon make more options available.
;D 💕💕💕🥗

claire2281

Agrabah cafe is indeed very vegetarian friendly and often mentioned as one of the best places for veggies to go.

Tbh I think if they could (and weren't being told what to do by Disney) many of those working in the park restaurants wouldn't cater for vegetarians at all. It's a cultural thing - the French mostly still look on it with suspicion or outright disdain.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

loladelorean

I agree with the above comments about French attitudes to vegetarianism - but in my opinion, Disneyland offerings are gradually getting better and more plentiful. That doesn't change thw attitudes of cast members or some other French people, which is why it's good to be prepared and know where to go
:)
Glad the list is helpful!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

SoupDuJour

Just wanted to add that Vapiano does great veggie options and their food is really good. We had their veggie risotto last week and it was freshly cooked and delicious.

loladelorean

Quote from: SoupDuJour on October 01, 2017, 02:55:14 PM
Just wanted to add that Vapiano does great veggie options and their food is really good. We had their veggie risotto last week and it was freshly cooked and delicious.

Thank you! I was hoping this would be the case, I'm keen to try it for the first time on our January trip
Disney Visits

Sass

The Rainforest Cafe does a really good veggie burger, I talked about it for months after we went last time!

seraphelle

Quote from: Sass on October 01, 2017, 03:21:21 PM
The Rainforest Cafe does a really good veggie burger, I talked about it for months after we went last time!

Agreed! I have one (at least!) every visit. Absolutely delicious  :-*
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

AJDisney

The veggie sandwich at Blockbuster cafe is AMAZING! Probably my favourite food item at DLP.

For vegans, unfortunately other than that, you're going to struggle in the park! The chips at Hakuna Matata are vegan and great. Cafe Agrabah is great, but I found it very hard finding out what was vegan and what wasn't (this is a problem EVERYWHERE - cast members, including the chefs, seem to have no idea what they are cooking!).

In the Village, Vapiano is GREAT! Everything is labelled. Earl of Sandwich is great and has a list of vegan options behind the till.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

KitKat1985

Great list - thank you for this.  :)

pixiedust86

Sounds great!! Cannot wait to try everything! This is my first trip as a vegetarian and the food used to be a big part of the trip for us! My other half still eats seafood so shouldn't be a problem for him! :)
Really helpful list! Thank you everyone :D
Xx