What happened to the luggage labels

Started by sentosa, September 26, 2017, 05:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sentosa

We are going to DLP on the 6th Oct I booked as always on the official site, I called today to ask why my luggage labels had not turned up, and was told they do not send out these little packages containing a guide and nice character luggage lables and they never have. Well I told them the last 2 times they have,I was told that was years ago. I said no that was Oct 2016 and again March2017,so I was told I must have booked with another travel company. I have never used a differant travel company, I always use the official site. So I called another number from the site and was told the same thing.So anyone know what is going on with this.I do have the eurostar tickets that came by email and they usually come in the package with the labels.I think Disney is being cheap, they seem to be cutting down all ways, apart from the prices they charge. I do not mind paying but I expect good service and something extra special from Disney. I used to work in Disneyworld Florida and the customer service there is way better.

DC

Well, that's new. I booked in January for last week (still have to write the report) and never heard about it nor received anything in the mail.

claire2281

I've been around 12 times now and i've never received character labels. Although I don't travel with children so perhaps that's why. The only labels we got were when checking in at Ashford where we picked up our Disney Express luggage tags.

For my last trip I didn't receive any paper mail at all but lots of emails in the weeks up to my trip with guides and advice. Eurostar tickets also came electronically and they supplied the log in details so I could pick my own seats which was very appreciated
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

sentosa

This is weird we went last October for our 50th wedding anniversary, no children, and again in March this year again no children and both times we got a folder about 2 weeks before we went saying "let the Magic begin" inside was a book about DLP and 4 plastic luggage labels with 4 differant characters on each. I still have both folders. That is why I was a bit put out when we didn't get them.

grovesie

We have had the luggage labels in the past , but, this was many moos ago....... Not had hem for years

michie0106

I got these the 2 times I booked with the Walt Disney Travel Company (disneyholidays.co.uk) which is the official site for Walt Disney world and DLP, but never from booking with the official Disneyland Paris only site (Disneylandparis.co.uk).  Only ever had emailed/online documents from DLP direct and used them 4 times.

DisneyRon

Andybear and I both booked through the Walt Disney Travelcompany, and both of us got a paper folder with luggage tags in the post. She received hers about 2 weeks ago, mine came last week (as I'm in the Netherlands).
We're ar DLP now,. :)

dlpowl

As others have said, the little package with the credit card style character luggage tags in are from The Walt Disney Travel Company.  Search your emails for your confirmation for your last trip and if you look at your invoice/receipt I'm betting it says Walt Disney Travel Company on it.

ChipandDale99

We usually book with the official disneylanparis.co.uk (or whichever country is cheaper) and have never got them until last year when like others have said we booked with the walt Disney travel company.
The labels said they had come from the travel company.
DLP itself hasn't given them out. They don't usually lie about a service they used to give.

sentosa

thanks everyone, I checked the invoices and yes this time I didn't book with the Disney Travel Company.I thought it was all the same company.

A&S&O

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on September 27, 2017, 11:54:30 AM
They don't usually lie about a service they used to give.

Although you often get told different things, depending on who answers the phone.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Andybear

Quote from: sentosa on September 26, 2017, 05:48:07 PM
This is weird we went last October for our 50th wedding anniversary, no children, and again in March this year again no children and both times we got a folder about 2 weeks before we went saying "let the Magic begin" inside was a book about DLP and 4 plastic luggage labels with 4 differant characters on each. I still have both folders. That is why I was a bit put out when we didn't get them.

That's the Walt Disney Travel Company.  I always book through them and get that stuff.  In fact I've arrived home today from a few days visit and received it all a couple of weeks before I left.  I have no children - thankfully!  On my Eurostar journey to DLP on Monday I think all the screaming toddlers were in my carriage!!