Advice needed

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, September 11, 2017, 01:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

So we've just booked a 2night stay 22-24 December although we've visited before we've never been at the Christmas season I know it'll be MEGA busy but we couldnt resist and it was the only availability Eurostar had for my son who needs to remain his chair.

Wondering if anyone's gone this time of year before any pointers?

Our newbie will be 6 months old so won't be riding rides really apart from small world if allowed? We want to concerntrate on the shoes parades characters really we've never been with a little one of her age so again any tips much appreciated? I'm combination feeding and have requested a kettle in room but am thinking of taking Milton tablets rather than steriliser and some of the ready milk

claire2281

You've definitely got the right idea by concentrating on the shows and parades and this Christmas has plenty of those.

The main thing I will say about December is it can be hideously cold. One year it was -4C when we went out to EMH and didn't get above 0C all day. On the bright side it snowed so it looked great!

If it is going to be cold, make sure you take layers and plan so that you alternate the indoor and outdoor shows where you can. Simple things like walking through the shops instead of directly down Main Street can be great to warm up a bit.

Also for the tree lighting ceremony, stand on the castle side of the tree, not the station side.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks we've never seen the tree lighting before we plan on going back to hotel for a warm up and on the last day we're going to stay in hotel until checkout time so we're not out for to long before our journey home we're very excited!