Halloween 2017

Started by YenSidBot, August 04, 2017, 11:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

Its not just a picture of the cavalcade, also they are using photos of a Halloween dressed central plaza which is not happening and advertising a dressed main street with pumpkins and stuff which also as far as i know ain't happening. Im not too pissed as ive been to Disney plenty of times now and know where to go before I travel to know what's happening, what's closed, refurbed etc.
But the average joe doesn't have a clue what a fastpass even is and just books on the information they are given, and if i where one of them and turned up to see no parade or dressed MK for Halloween id be looking for a refund.

pfspock

True, but with no word do they suggest that these things happen this year. They clearly state that these are last year's treats. So technically this is not false advertising. Of course, pointing out that Halloween 2017 is still in the planning stage with the press release being four weeks old, just not to admit that sod all is happening isn't exactly truthful... But that's Euro Disney's Marketing and IT departement to you...

claire2281

I've written a guide here to what we know about Halloween so far.

If anyone can think of things to add (or knows the exact amount of the AP discount for Soiree tickets!) then please let me know.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

YenSidBot

Stitch , chesire cat , marie , scrooge and more are all listed as meet n greets for halloween on the disneylandparis.ie website under the characters section . No sign of Jack Skellington on the website but his meet and greet location has been installed in frontierland
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

sunshine1

Quote from: AaronKing on September 29, 2017, 01:49:17 PM
Stitch , chesire cat , marie , scrooge and more are all listed as meet n greets for halloween on the disneylandparis.ie website under the characters section . No sign of Jack Skellington on the website but his meet and greet location has been installed in frontierland

Nice one with the characters. DLP have so much rarer characters for meet and greets than Florida - and i have never got a proper answer as to why that is.

Jbop123

ED92 have just released the new programme guides ready for halloween. Jack's spot is listed under charascer greets. So happy the shadow man has his own meet and greet! got worried when I didn't see him mentioned anywhere on the website. One of my fave villains.

guest10620

Just to revisit this, we've just come back from DLP (trip 3 of 4 this year)

The good...

M&G were easy to do, and got a bonus unplanned Aladdin

The weather was ok

The Mariachi band and Mexican day of dead theming good

Lots of rides running given prior year refurbs

The bad...

The lack of Halloween on the castle stage and area is just sad

The 2 "parades" in Frontierland and Main street are just pants. They don't make up for the missing Halloween parade

Ratatouille went down for virtually a whole day and queue times were toppy everywhere

It didn't feel like halloween

tigger1974

Quote from: Ggfergy on October 26, 2017, 07:36:24 PM

The lack of Halloween on the castle stage and area is just sad

The 2 "parades" in Frontierland and Main street are just pants. They don't make up for the missing Halloween parade

It didn't feel like halloween

I totally appreciate everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I have to say I have to disagree. I have just returned from DLP and I thought the 2 parades were absolutely brilliant. I have now been home 2 weeks and am still singing Goofy's song and my mother simply loved Mickey's Tricycle Gang. Frontierland looks better than it has done for many years.
I do agree that it was a shame to see nothing on Main St. but years ago Frontierland was always the hub of Halloween activity and Main St. had very little.
But as I said each to their own.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)