Halloween 2017

Started by YenSidBot, August 04, 2017, 11:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YenSidBot

does anyone know when the 2017 halloween offerings will be released im going on the 2nd and just wondering when they will announce the shedule
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

Jbop123

Sorry don't have an answer but I'm also wondering!! on the Disney site atm it just says "Disney Characters are currently preparing their tricks and treats for the next Halloween Festival, from 1st October to 5th November 2017. Before revealing their spook-tacular program, we invite you to (re)discover all the terribly funny activities from 2016!"

I think the question everyone is asking is how well will Halloween run alongside the 25th celebrations as it's the first 'season' event they've had since the celebrations began. Hopefully it'll be out soon through!!

lunekid

I'm hoping to go on the 31st but it's a ticket only event.

Zee79

It's normally normal hours until about 5pm or just after then it's ticket only but you can buy a ticket for the event to attend it

Tineke

From 1 October 2017, Disneyland Park will give you chills with two special experiences: Halloween with the highly-anticipated return of the famous Disney Villains, and "Goofy's Skeletoon Street Party", a colourful new event at Frontierland where skeletons and Goofy will party together...

Welcome to Goofy's Skeletoon Street Party

Who said October was just for fright? Imagine a colourful skeleton party that's full of fun. That's exactly what Goofy wanted to create for the new season. This year, dressed up all in bones, he'll set the tempo at Frontierland with his troupe. They will invite you to party with them in a setting where you will find yourself face to face with colourful and funny skeletons.

We're also pleased to announce the arrival of two friends who we rarely see at Disneyland Paris: José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, Donald's sidekicks in the film The Three Caballeros.

Lastly, Mickey and Minnie will also make an appearance for truly splendid meet 'n' greets.

The return of the Disney Villains and Halloween thrills

Want to meet the Disney Villains you love to hate? The Disneyland Park will delight you with an all-new, previously unseen parade: Mickey's Halloween Tricycle Gang. Happening every day on Main Street, U.S.A, Disney Villains and many other Disney Characters will entice you along the Halloween spirits' route, perched on their quirky tricycles.

If you want to face them and strike a pose with them, you will love the encounters with the Disney Villains. Fantasyland has a treat in store for you with the witch from Snow White, The Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland) and, of course, Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), who'll be making a spine-chilling appearance in the Castle Courtyard – which has been overrun by a huge bramble... Jafar (Aladdin) and Captain Hook (Peter Pan) will also be there, in Adventureland, and Cruella (101 Dalmatians) will be making an appearance at the Walt Disney Studios Park.

Frontierland will also be packed full of ghosts and pumpkins – making it the perfect place to celebrate Halloween this year. And if you like witches, you'll love Daisy's costume!

Come to Disneyland Paris from 1 October to 5 November 2017 for a new season and twice more fun with Halloween and Goofy's Skeletoon Street Party. More information available soon on news.disneylandparis.com.

bron: https://news.disneylandparis.com/en/201 ... and-paris/

stormflm595

Has anyone got Twitter? It's all kicked off within the DLP Community about the Halloween announcement  ::) ::) :P

Personally, I think that they have done really well to keep the balance of the 25th anniversary goings on as well as celebrating Halloween.

Only 1% of park goers are going to be hardcore DLP fans with annual passes at Halloween, the other 99% is just your average family who have probably paid to see the 25th shows considering it's a big anniversary rather than just celebrating Halloween.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Jbop123

Quote from: stormflm595 on August 24, 2017, 01:17:48 PM
Has anyone got Twitter? It's all kicked off within the DLP Community about the Halloween announcement  ::) ::) :P

Personally, I think that they have done really well to keep the balance of the 25th anniversary goings on as well as celebrating Halloween.

Only 1% of park goers are going to be hardcore DLP fans with annual passes at Halloween, the other 99% is just your average family who have probably paid to see the 25th shows considering it's a big anniversary rather than just celebrating Halloween.

I agree. I've never been at halloween before so was really excited to see it becuase I LOVE halloween, but if I missed out on the 25th shows I would have been dissapointed. I'm also 25 this year so wanted to go to the anniversary because why not! haha.

I'm really happy with the comprimise, although would love to have seen the cavalcade. I'm hoping they will have a version of that at the Sioree anyways. dissapointed that Mainstreet isn't decorated for halloween as that would have been a nice mix.

stormflm595

Quote from: Jbop123 on August 25, 2017, 12:37:28 PMI agree. I've never been at halloween before so was really excited to see it becuase I LOVE halloween, but if I missed out on the 25th shows I would have been dissapointed. I'm also 25 this year so wanted to go to the anniversary because why not! haha.

I'm really happy with the comprimise, although would love to have seen the cavalcade. I'm hoping they will have a version of that at the Sioree anyways. dissapointed that Mainstreet isn't decorated for halloween as that would have been a nice mix.

I wonder if they will have the calvacade in the Chapperel since Forest is finishing next weekend? Or at least something similar and as big?

I do think it's a shame Main Street won't be decorated - I think they did miss a thing there - they could have swapped the tinks along the street to Halloween style ones with orange dresses, maybe try and change the colour theme or incorporate it somehow so you get the best of both worlds. Hopefully there will be stuff like pumpkins though still.

I just think it's a shame on some of the reactions - people are up in arms saying that they will never visit DLP again and stuff and forgetting the bigger picture - it's DLP's Anniversary. Halloween happens every year - it's not the end of the world if it isn't made as big a deal for 1 year. They are lucky that they have the means to go so often unlike others who can either go every so often or not at all.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

claire2281

I think they've tried really hard to give a good Halloween compromise (moving lots of it to Frontierland is a really good idea imo as it fits there particularly well, especially with Phantom Manor there!).

The only major thing missing is the Cavalcade and tbh it is only a mini parade and as much as I like the song they've got plenty of characters elsewhere. They seem to have shifted nearly everything else around and worked with the existing 25th entertainment - the only reason the cavalcade isn't on is there aren't enough performers available.

I do wonder however what they're going to do with Christmas as I can't see them forgoing the decorations for that down Main Street.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

sunshine1

Quote from: claire2281 on August 25, 2017, 03:55:47 PM
I think they've tried really hard to give a good Halloween compromise (moving lots of it to Frontierland is a really good idea imo as it fits there particularly well, especially with Phantom Manor there!).

The only major thing missing is the Cavalcade and tbh it is only a mini parade and as much as I like the song they've got plenty of characters elsewhere. They seem to have shifted nearly everything else around and worked with the existing 25th entertainment - the only reason the cavalcade isn't on is there aren't enough performers available.

I do wonder however what they're going to do with Christmas as I can't see them forgoing the decorations for that down Main Street.

Blasphemy!

The Halloween daily parade is magic. The song Vive the Vie  is one of the best parade songs in my opinion.

I am glad i didnt book a Halloween trip this year as the main reason would be to go see the parade.

guest10620

The decision to not have enough performers is Disney's decision! Ridiculous.

Get rid of the princess show and problem solved.

claire2281

Quote from: sunshine1 on August 26, 2017, 11:24:36 AM
Quote from: claire2281 on August 25, 2017, 03:55:47 PM

Blasphemy!

The Halloween daily parade is magic. The song Vive the Vie  is one of the best parade songs in my opinion.

I am glad i didnt book a Halloween trip this year as the main reason would be to go see the parade.

Sorry!  ;D

Tbf I do really like the song and it's on my DLP playlist but I think the parade itself is nice yett not a deal breaker. The Christmas one is better imo

Quote from: Ggfergy on August 26, 2017, 01:16:05 PM
The decision to not have enough performers is Disney's decision! Ridiculous.

Get rid of the princess show and problem solved.

It's not a decision, it's simply too expensive to hire and train that many extra dancers and performers for the few weeks of Halloween.

The 25th anniversary shows are this year only (there's even a rumour it'll end in January) so they're going to take priority. Besides, it's not the princess show which is the problem but Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris as that was designed to have lots of characters on stage but then of course takes up a huge amount of their performers as well.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

guest10620

Merry stitchmas has just removed the current shows off the castle stage.

So they can do it for Xmas just not Halloween. It was clearly a decision but decided finances were against you.

Poor show DLP. You can do it - you just couldn't be bothered.

princesspiggy

Quote from: Ggfergy on August 30, 2017, 10:15:39 AM
Merry stitchmas has just removed the current shows off the castle stage.

So they can do it for Xmas just not Halloween. It was clearly a decision but decided finances were against you.

Poor show DLP. You can do it - you just couldn't be bothered.

Maybe they do this because the Halloween season lasts only for one month, while the Christmas season for some months?

Zee79

That's what I was thinking plus as claire2281 says hours are shorter, days are darker and they got to get a lot in. It's a shame for all who have booked Halloween expecting what you usually get. I'm going at Christmas and was worrying (I booked last October) as to what we were going to get. My brother is going Halloween.