Stars Tours - Scary or not??

Started by pjulie75, May 23, 2007, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjulie75

Hi, I have been on Star Tours myself but it was a few years ago and my memory is a bit vague.  I am taking my twins who are 4 and am wondering if it would be too scary for them?  Does it go dark?  Would you recommend I take them on or will it frighten them?

I would love to go on it again but don't want to terrify them! :minnie:

bikemonkey

there's no scary theme as such, just near misses and sudden changes of direction, falling etc.  I've seen many small children on the ride and most seem alright, although on Star Tours in Orlando I once shared the ride with a little German girl who was terrified and screamed through the whole ride.

Is there any way you can ride it before them to make your own mind up?

skalos

In my first visit I got really scared in Star tours (I was 9 years old) but I wasnt (and Im still not) a huge coaster fan!

But Star tours is not really a scary ride... is more something like a virtual rollercoaster... It doesnt go dark... I think the concept is funny and not scary.

penfold12

Isuppose it depend on how much they like star wars! My nephew who is six loves star wars and loved the ride, but wouldnt go on any of the coasters as he is terrified of them.

RocketBabyDoll

I remember being on Star Tours as a very young child and not being scared at all, but really enjoying it.
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

Mr_B

My six year old boy loved it too and he also hates rollercoasters of any kind. He actually knows what star wars is now so he'll enjoy it even more this year !

11 days to go - woohoo :-)

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

GeoffD

Star Tours isn't scary, it's bascially a ride through space. The cabin moves from side to side etc.

Maybe if your not sure take a ride on it before you allow your kids on it

Anonymous

Depends on the kid - my 8 year old niece didn't like it last year.

tubbsy

Has anyone found a decent youtube or something so that you can get an idea what the rides like? Its very hard to describe to my four year old what its all about

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Mr_B

Very true every child is different so its hard to tell. Probably better to ride it yourself first if you get the opportunity.

Nobody knows what your child will like and wont like like you do.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

x-charlotte-x

I found an on ride video of it!  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciNi2s5II9A

I forgot how great that ride is.  :P

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Anonymous

Quote from: "tubbsy"Has anyone found a decent youtube or something so that you can get an idea what the rides like? Its very hard to describe to my four year old what its all about

Perfect opportunity to show her the Star Wars Trilogy, and then tell her, imagine that, but moving!

:lol:

tubbsy

I've got an idea!

Show the kids the trilogy, not that we havent made our kids watch them already. Its a good excuse tho.... and then I'll bounce them around on my knee! That'll give them some idea! :lol:

It really is a hard one tho' cos its not a roller coaster, but you still got movement.

OOH! Just done the link. Thats brilliant. Thank you Charlotte

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DisneyBud

Hmm I guess this is coming from an older perspective (18yo), but in terms of 'turbulance' as it was, it was just a bit shaky and went from side to side. I enjoyed the ride, but I wouldn't say it is scary in the terms of villains or something like that or motion sickness inducing.

swity

I think it could be a bit scary for them because sometimes its very dark and if you're kids do not like darkness then it might be to scary...an other think is that many friends of me do not like it because they fill ill after it...the movie that is shown isn't very scary I think...but the whole atmosphere might be...