Just back - breakfast update

Started by cooper75, June 05, 2017, 05:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooper75

We were there last Thurs to Sat, with the half board vouchers. Stayed at Santa Fe and asked if we could pay extra to eat in hotel and was no in no uncertain terms.

The "quick service" at Hyperion (first day wasn't that quick, long queues and only a couple of serving stations open and lots of people confused by vouchers!). But it is made quite clear - 2 options. One is the omelette burger, with comes with a croissant, orange juice and hot drink. Other option is croissant, bread roll (with 3 choices of jam), oj and hot drink. The adult and child vouchers get the same meal.

Once you've ordered you queue to collect it, and that was quite fun. The hot drink is hot water, and you are given what you need to make it. In our case tea. One tea bag was already split when I opened it. And i had to go back and ask for a stirrer. The next day there was no sugar - they pile on the tray quite quickly so you have to be eagle eyed to make sure you're getting what you want. All that said, the burger was editable and daughter enjoyed the second option. For the free hb offer you can't really complain. whether I'd actually pay for it is a different matter!

Hope that helps.

Disney25

That's great info. We got back in May and we managed to eat in Santa Fe breakfast buffet for an extra €4 adult and €2 child. Whether they allowed it because we went out of season but to be honest when we showed our tickets on arrival in the restaurant the staff themselves were totally confused and were conferring amongst themselves!!! We had upgraded to full board standard but still we were confused but just went with it!!!

claire2281

I think whether you can upgrade or not depends on how busy it is. The whole point of the new breakfast system was supposedly to handle numbers so loads of extra people going in there for cheap on a free half board option wouldn't help that.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne