Inventions Character Dining

Started by Minnie_ears, May 18, 2017, 11:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minnie_ears

Hi, I am going to DLP in June and just found out that Cafe Mickey no longer does character dining!! I don't want to book a character breakfast as we have breakfast included at our hotel so looking at Inventions.  It is quite expensive though, is it worth the money??! And if so, are there particularly good tables to sit at that I can request on booking? X

seraphelle

Quote from: Minnie_ears on May 18, 2017, 11:54:24 AM
Hi, I am going to DLP in June and just found out that Cafe Mickey no longer does character dining!! I don't want to book a character breakfast as we have breakfast included at our hotel so looking at Inventions.  It is quite expensive though, is it worth the money??! And if so, are there particularly good tables to sit at that I can request on booking? X

Is it worth the money?
In my opinion, yes. Very much so.

Are there particularly good tables to sit at that I can request on booking?
Not really, although the dining room to the right of the entrance is quieter so can be a bit nicer. The characters circulate all the way round.

You might also consider Auberge de Cendrillon, which has Princesses inside  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Minnie_ears

Thanks Seraphelle.  Can you sit at a window in Inventions with any good views? X

seraphelle

Quote from: Minnie_ears on May 19, 2017, 10:51:26 PM
Thanks Seraphelle.  Can you sit at a window in Inventions with any good views? X

You can yes,  but its a bit of a lottery as to what table you get, I'm sure they will try and accommodate you as much as they can though. The views are all across the park entrance, so you may see the castle in the distance and you'll see the Disneyland Railroad train go past if its during operating times.

Ipilove

Could someone please confirm two issues regarding Inventions dining, cause it´s difficult to find reliable up-to-date information!

1. Do the characters appear during dinner only? (Originally we planned to have lunch at Inventions)
2. Table reservation: one or two months in advance? (We are not booking a hotel stay)

bobothebear

We had lunch today and it was lovely.
I booked ours 60 days in advance. We got the 2nd or 3rd room to the right of the entrance and considering how hot it's been today was amazing.  There were only 4 families in our bit and it was cool and more importantly quiet! Also had a window looking into the ppark.When we walked through to get food it was so hot and noisy so felt we got our money's worth.
I maybe wrong but I think people  who pay cash get the nicer parts and meal plans dont as none of us had vouchers of our 4 tables.

Character wise we met Goofy twice, Minnie twice, Pluto twice, Smee , Eeyore and Genie.  The later two took ages to come to us and the other 3 tables had left but we got our money's worth as my son wanted to see them all!

Ipilove

I managed to get table reservation exactly 2 months in advance. No chance of making any kind of wishes with table locations etc, so it´s a bit of a lottery game as already mentioned here. I´ll keep my fingers crossed for seeing some lovely characters during our visit at Inventions!
1. Do the characters appear during dinner only? (Originally we planned to have lunch at Inventions)
2. Table reservation: one or two months in advance? (We are not booking a hotel stay)

seraphelle

I would recommend booking in advance, however last week we asked at the entrance to Inventions on Monday for a table on Thursday evening and got offered 2 different time slots so there may be availability if you decide on a whim.

Ohana

I know breakfast is something that you now pay extra for, however when we used to get breakfast included we'd still book a Cafe Mickey breakfast once per trip; it was beginning to become something of a tradition until they took it away (sad times). I'd say go for the character breakfast if you're thinking Inventions is expensive (which it really is).

I did go on the first trip and loved it, however I didn't much like the food and was more entertained by the characters, however the vast majority of them you can find in the breakfast for a fraction of the cost, plus PG is a lovely restaurant.

But that's just my opinion :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

ZoeG

Inventions is amazing!

If you can manage it, do it, its really an unforgettable experience. The character interactions are great, and its very chilled out compared to meeting in the park or queuing, which could also save you loads of time in the park for rides. We went twice last year to inventions, as it was included in our dining plan and we enjoyed it so much. The food is actually awesome, the best I have had anywhere in the park.

Hope this helps! :)

robzabrocky

Hi, sorry to piggy back, we have standard half board, does anyone know the top up prices for 2 adults and 2 kids at Inventions?

thanks

Vikkilou

Cost us an extra 120€ with std vouchers when we did it last yr 2 adults 2 kids
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

BeautyandtheBeast

Here's a top up voucher chart if anyone was wanting Top Up prices 👍

[attachment deleted by admin]