First time using a meal plan/booking restaurants

Started by handec90, March 19, 2017, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handec90

Good morning,
We are visiting Disney at the beginning of August, staying at the Davy Crockett ranch. We have the standard half board meal plan that comes with the current offer. I've managed to find lists of which restaurants are included with each meal plan, but I can't find a list anywhere of which restaurants you can book and which you can't? I had presumed you could prebook any of the restaurants included on the meal plans list but I'm sure I read somewhere that you can't book Annettes?
I know it needs to be 60 days before your trip before you can book. Is that the same for Buffalo Bill and character breakfasts? Does anyone know what the supplement would be to book a character breakfast? (From a quick service counter breakfast).
Finally, which buffet would people recommend for children/fussy eaters? My niece will be 3 and my nephew 12.
Thank you!

polar vixen

You can't book annettes but can book all buffets . I'd avoid agrabah with fussy eaters but Billy bobs , plaza gardens, restaurant des stars and the one in site at Davy crockett are all good with a wide range.
You can add a character breakfast or buffalo bills at any time I'm not sure you can use your voucher for breakfast part payment towards character breakfast. I know if you call up to add buffalo bill dyou can still get the pre booking discounts and use your voucher as part payment. That the cheapest way of doing that anyway. Have a great holiday! We love Davy crockett!

disneydad73

If you're going to Buffalo Bills then make sure you book before hand.
Annettes is great - burgers / hotdogs type of fare, but you cant book. If you go here while the parade is on (or around teat time) then you should have a small or no queue. It tends to be out the door though once 1800 comes around. You cant use you vouchers for the other village restaurants - Rainforest Cafe / Planet Hollywood etc.

For the fussy eater in your life - we've found that the buffet at Plaza Gardens does the job. Chicken nuggets, pasta, salads, and there is a decent enough variety for the grown ups that you get a decent meal yourself. Plus theres a great selection of puddings. Make sure you book though as again there will be queues in the summer. We've just come back, and i didnt book it this time and we couldn't get a table. We went to the Silver Spur in Frontier Land this time (steaks and burgers) and it was fine although the service was a bit slow.

Minnie2017

Hi guys

Will also be getting the hb standard. What's the best buffet for vegetarians?