First time planning. Got some questions doubts and accept tips!

Started by voidzito, March 08, 2017, 02:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voidzito

Hello  ;D I'm going with my GF for the first time to DLP and i'm the one in charge of planning everything. I have run up a few doubts i have.
I have posted around but seems easier to do it all together and maybe help others with the same questions.

First off we are going from 4 to 8 May, I have booked and paid already to Santa Fe but i have been reading and i see Cheyenne had a refurb. Is it worth to give them a call and ask to change if possible ? From what i have seen it's about 10€ cheaper the Cheyenne dunno how they proceed. Do i have certainty i will be placed in a new refurb room ? Is Santa Fe showing sign of age? We will only be there to sleep after a busy day in the park anyways.

Second one, Transportation to the park, we are going to arrive at Orly airport and i havent booked or decided a way to go. I see the Magic shuttle but its 20€ person per travel so 80€ total, plus one day and or two mid days we want to go to paris means more tickets. I could rent a car for us two for that price gives us more mobility and manage of time as we want no? I read about taking a train to central station and then changing to another that spots in front of disney and then i have the bus to hotel, I couldnt find prices does anyone knows ? Is that viable?

We also have the free Half Board plan, sadly i didnt notice there is no more Buffet breakfast, our plan was to have a Very good breakfast then a snack for lunch and a Buffet for dinner. I'm thinking to upgrade breakfast in the hotel and do that plan. But i have read it here someone that has a good late lunch buffet and then just some late night coffe with some snacks, is that a good option? that way i could save some bucks to buy a few souvenirs. We also want to spend less as possible with the same enjoyment.

Sorry for such a long post. The most important doubt i have is about the transportation to the park/hotel.

Thank you.

polar vixen

The shuttled from the train station at disney to your hotels are all free...although it also a lovely walk.
In my opinion the cheyenne has a lot more atmosphere and character than the santa fe so if it's not much of a price increase I'd phone and ask but make sure you say you want a refurbished room. It's also slightly closer to the parks.
Another dining option (we found ourselves in the same situation) is to ask how much it would be to upgrade to full board.....for us it was cheaper to go full board than it was to pay for breakfast each day and I feel  getting much better value for that. ....(A 27 euro buffet with starters mains and desserts compared to a 12 euro breakfast) so it's worth asking prices and comparing.....it just means having  big lunch when buffets open at 12 and then eating as late as you want on an evening.
Also check when you phone....depending on when you booked you may still get the breakfast included?

rocker

I wouldn't bother with car rental as there's no point in driving from the Santa Fe or Cheyenne to the park as you'd be just as quick walking or taking the shuttle bus.

Also driving into Paris city centre with all the traffic plus cost and expense of parking sounds very stressful. Train from Disney (Marne Le Valle) to city centre is direct and takes 45 mins and the metro can connect you to anywhere in the city. Can't remember what they call it but you can buy all in 1 day tickets that cover the train in plus trains/metro all over Paris.

In Marne Le Valle station they have ticket machines that have different language options so you can buy from there easily.

voidzito

Quote from: polar vixen on March 08, 2017, 03:36:38 PM
The shuttled from the train station at disney to your hotels are all free...although it also a lovely walk.
In my opinion the cheyenne has a lot more atmosphere and character than the santa fe so if it's not much of a price increase I'd phone and ask but make sure you say you want a refurbished room. It's also slightly closer to the parks.
Another dining option (we found ourselves in the same situation) is to ask how much it would be to upgrade to full board.....for us it was cheaper to go full board than it was to pay for breakfast each day and I feel  getting much better value for that. ....(A 27 euro buffet with starters mains and desserts compared to a 12 euro breakfast) so it's worth asking prices and comparing.....it just means having  big lunch when buffets open at 12 and then eating as late as you want on an evening.
Also check when you phone....depending on when you booked you may still get the breakfast included?

Thank you for your reply Polar Vixen, looks like i didnt explain myself well enough. Traveling from Disney (Marne Le Valle) to hotels/park we will be doing by walking (we like to walk!) my concern is from Airport Orly to Marne Le Valle. Thats what the car was for, i also agree with you Rocker that the stress to drive in a city like Paris wont be pleasant.

Regarding Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, thank you for your suggestion Polar Vixen, I'm sorry again i didnt provide enough information. We have breakfast included ( "Package: You are benefiting from 30% off Hotel and Park Tickets + FREE Half Board Meal Plan (quick service breakfast in Disney Parks, and lunch or dinner!) ") This was quoted directly from the email i received with the confirmation of my booking. Upgrading to Full Board costs me 120£ so roughly 140€. I know i can convert the breakfast vouchers to Hotel buffet by paying the difference. Is the breakfast so expensive it's worth the full board ?

polar vixen

I think the breakfast at santa fe is about 12 euros per adult per day...... which if you can trade your breakfast vouchers as part payment would not cost you much extra to do......however different cast members eem to have different ideas on whether or not you can do this. We've booked under the same offer and we're told that we couldn't so i don't know 

polar vixen

voidzito

Thank you :D

I asked on the chat help service on the website and they said i could, just didnt know values. Gotta check that one better.

But i'm totally going to give them a call and try to change my hotel.

SVioletS

Hello Voidzito,

It seems we're both from the same country by the sea! ;)

The easiest way to get from Orly to DLP is to use the shuttle bus or  private shuttle. The shuttle bus is cheaper and really easy to use, especially if you don't have any kids with you. We never bothered renting a car and we're two adults and two kids.

As for the hotel, we never stayed at the Santa Fe or the Cheyenne, but if you can upgrade and you prefer the Cheyenne go for it. If the new booking is cheaper the may want you to pay an alteration fee; you can bypass this by upgrading your hotel room, by adding a meal (you can add the character breakfast at the Plaza Gardens restaurant) or upgrading your meal plan to full board.

Keep in mind that even the fast food is really expensive in the parks and some menus for 2 adults can cost as much as 30 eur.

I hope you get to go to Paris aswell!

Let us know how everything went!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

voidzito

Hi SVioletS, I see in your profile and yes we are :D

What you mean by shuttle bus ? the magic shuttle? That's the only point still concerning me.

As for lunch we dont plan to eat there in the fast foods, at least all days maybe only one or two. I will definitely upgrade my breakfast but that has to be in the hotel.

Still waiting for my Girlfriend to decide, it's up to her. She liked Santa Fe cars theme more but also agrees staying in a newly refurbished room is better. Also changing will almost for sure involve fees, checking their website the price is pretty much identical, i will give them a call later to ask about that and it can maybe help her decide.

Thank you for replying :D

SVioletS

Hi!

Yes I mean the Magic shuttle its nice and easy!

If you decide to change the booking you can ask to include the breakfast with characters which should cobertura the difference and avoid the fees! 😉
You can sendo me a PM If you want more details on changing your booking!
Also please let us know about the breakfast situation, since we are going in september and that's one of my concerns!

Most of all have Fun!

dencarter

Cheyenne is far and away the nicer and better themed between the two hotels, so for me it would be a no brainer. I believe most the hotel is now refurbed. They should be able to tell you when you phone if you can have a new 'Texas' room.

If you like nice food I'd definitely try for a Full Board plan - just anything that will get you access to the table service restaurants!

voidzito

Hello Decarter,

Just gave them a call 15mins ago and changed my hotel to cheyenne the cost was roughly 10£, i specifically asked for a refurbished room. Although bue to signal in my area being very poor hope she didnt miss it, still i think they are only booking refurbished rooms in hotel cheyenne at least there's no other option in the website.

But i'm a bit more worried now about breakfast, the woman that answered my call said it was not possible to change the breakfast voucher for a buffet breakfast in hotel paying the difference and that it was only available to use on the parks. If that is indeed true i would probably have to call again and change to full board plan.

SVioletS

Even If you change to full board the breakfast option would be the same... Quick service in the park. 😑 The only way to garantee breakfast in the hotel is to go club level... At least that i know of!

juttawdw

In the terms and conditions on the disneyland paris website for the offer 30% and free meal states:

( copied from the site)
The breakfast menu will be counter service and buffet breakfast is not available. Guests can upgrade once on site to either character breakfast or buffet hotel breakfast by paying a supplement. This is subject to availability both on the day and the time.

voidzito

Hum, can you tell me where u found that? i have searched in the website and couldnt find particularly that.