Change offer?

Started by Tai, February 08, 2017, 09:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tai

HI,

I recently booked a trip Disneyland Paris and I am wondering can you change the offer to the new one? I see that it is 30% off and Free Half Board so I am wondering if I am able to change? It is like a £100 more but I feel if I can it would be worth it as paying for Half Board works out more on the offer I have.

Thanks in Advice.

-Tai

msRavenswood

Of course, give them a ring and they will change your booking.

Tai

Thanks for the reply
I'm going to give them a ring in the morning before going to class and see what they will say.

Elly_LDN

Hi Tai,

Were you able to change your offer?
I booked through magic breaks and they said I could only change to the latest offer if I upgrade my room/hotel...is this also the case for those who have booked via DLP websites directly??

juttawdw

I changed my booking from 2+2 nights to the 30% and  free half board in 5 minutes on the phone.
Normally you can change the offer only if the price is higher than the original, I paid £ 18 extra to get the new offer.

Tai

I've phoned them and they were not even helpful lol. They said I can only change offer if I change the hotel which works out costing more than £250. It is cheaper just to pay for the half board on its own then or just eat in Val d'Europe. I think next time I might stay in Val d'Europe as you've got more options food wise.

juttawdw

I would call back and talk  to someone else, if the new offer is a few pounds  more than you have now they should change your booking, if it is lower than what you booked, you can add a dinner or  photopass. It is not necessary to change hotels.
I just changed the offer within the same room type,  and  paid £18 extra for it.

Tai

I'm staying at Cheyenne but I checked DisneyHolidays the next cheapest hotel is £849 and that is Santa Fe. I've paid £628 the other day to stay at Cheyenne and the new price is £753 so I don't understand what their issue is about changing the offer.

juttawdw

That is really strange. Last year we did the same and the price was lower and booked photopass with it to get the offer.

Tai

I'm going to phone them again when I come back. Other people have said the same that you should be able to change to the new offer.

Elly_LDN

Who did you book through Tai?
Mine was through Magic Breaks and they said the same as they did to you, I was willing to pay the £100 or so more for the HB but they said I had to upgrade my room, which turned out to be about £260 more.

Tai

Quote from: Elly_LDN on February 14, 2017, 11:12:58 AM
Who did you book through Tai?
Mine was through Magic Breaks and they said the same as they did to you, I was willing to pay the £100 or so more for the HB but they said I had to upgrade my room, which turned out to be about £260 more.

I've booked through DisneyHolidays.co.uk They told me I need to upgrade hotels to get the offer but I'm not going to pay another £300 ish when It will work out cheaper just to pay for half board. Saying that I can go full board for £300 or so.

msRavenswood

Did you by any chance speak with an American CM? Sometimes you get put through to the US call centre despite calling a UK number, at least that has happened to me both times I called them. Sometimes American CMs are not properly trained for DLP matters, so perhaps the person you talked to wasn't informed (?).

claire2281

Quote from: Tai on February 13, 2017, 04:03:02 PM
I'm staying at Cheyenne but I checked DisneyHolidays the next cheapest hotel is £849 and that is Santa Fe. I've paid £628 the other day to stay at Cheyenne and the new price is £753 so I don't understand what their issue is about changing the offer.

It's the Cheyenne (and Santa Fe) 20% off, not 30% off. Perhaps that's where the confusion comes from and why they're trying to make you change hotels. It shouldn't matter of course but if you say you wanted the 30% off deal then you would have to change hotels. Sounds like they're working on a technicality there to get a sale.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

polar vixen

Although sometimes with the 20 -30 discount difference it can weirdly work out cheaper staying in a more expensive hotel and actually getting more discount.  It's worth checking!