Driving: Dieppe to DLP

Started by ZINDERELLA, February 04, 2017, 11:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZINDERELLA

Hi folks
We are planning a trip very soon and want to know if anyone hss done the drive from Dieppe? We usually do Eurotunnel but Newhaven closer to us than Folkstone. We travel up from Cornwall.

Wondered what the drive was like and if the Ferry (4 hours) was ok? Also if there's. Good places to stop and visit on the way to make is less of a slog and more of an adventure?

Cost wise its a tiny bit cheaper to do Cornwall - Newhaven- DLP, less miles less tolls and less motorway but never done it before and dont want to be choosing a more hassle-some route!!!

Any experiences or suggestions welcome  ::)
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus

tubbsy

We do Le Havre to DLP.  But DH travels in Europe a lot so he is happy to plough straight through and not stop.
But there is a lot to see in Normandy -
Found this if you are willing to get off your main route...
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/france/normandy/articles/normandy-attractions/amp/?client=ms-android-hms-tef-gb

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

ZINDERELLA

Oh thank you that article is great. A whole holiday in itself!
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus

Sulley15

We drove the past 2 trips and we are driving again next Monday, we land in Caen. The drive is great, but does have moments around Paris but there is plenty to see on the way down. Great for I spy games!

I drive across the north of France, made the mistake of driving south on the way back and we were stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours and hardly moved!

There is several different services compared to our service station so I would say look at your route you want to drive, I quite happy to drive from the port to Disneyland in one hit but the kids bladders do dictate how many times you need to stop.
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017