1st visit - meal voucher questions.

Started by 010580sw, January 17, 2017, 11:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

010580sw

Hi all,
This is our 1st visit to DLP, We would appreciate some expert advice from you all.
There are 4 of us travelling 2adults and 2children (4 & 2), we are staying 4nights at Davy Crockett ranch.

So I have a couple of questions about the meal plans.

Are they in your opinions good value for money with young children??

Under 3's aren't included in meal plan so do they eat for free? Or do you pay extra one the day?

Can you pre book your restaurants and time slot before you travel? If so how????

We are looking at going to buffalo bills show one night. This isn't included in our meal plan but can we upgrade to pay the difference?? If so how would we book it before we go???

Sorry I have so many questions but I'm finding it all very confusing!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance for your help.

polar vixen

couple of points I can answer....your youngest won't get a voucher for meals do you have 2 options. . if you're eating in table service (which standard vouchers don't cover-you'd bed to pay a supplement) then you'd have to share your meal with her/him or pay for a extra children's meal.  if you use your vouchers at buffets then littlest one can eat as much as she our he wants at no extra charge.  davy Crockett,  Billy Bob's and restaurant des stars all take standard vouchers and have a great range of food . you will get one voucher per night of your stay so depending on the time you leave on your last day you may need an additional meal anyway.  if you book before you go you get a good discount on buffalo bills and I think that works it better than passing the extra and using a voucher.  although under threes don't technically get a seat at buffalo bills-they're expected to sit on your knee or share a seat with a sibling we've been twice abd the kind staff member checking us in has given us kindly a extra seat which means an extra meal also ;).  you could if you wanted to pay for a higher tier meal plan. ...but with little ones I think the standard level and buffets are tge best way to go- also means your not trying to keep them happy while waiting fir food to be served.

c3po

If you're paying extra for the meal plans, then no, they aren't good value for money, unless your 4-year-old eats a lot. My children don't eat much, and when I've had a meal plan included in my package, I've been mortified by the amount of food on my children's plates that is thrown away. This is because you are restricted to a set menu at most restaurants. I agree that the buffets are the best way to go for children who don't eat much. There is often more that appeals to light eaters at these buffets.

For my next trip, I didn't order meal plans, as I'm only travelling with my 5-year-old, and he doesn't eat much. I planned meals at Earl of Sandwich and the new Five Guys and Vapiano, which would be very reasonable and where there would be little food waste. Our plans have changed slightly since then, so I'm going to have to rethink this.

You can prebook meals 60 days in advance by calling the Disneyland Paris dining number. There's another post here about upgrading to Buffalo Bill's - it shouldn't be a problem.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)