Feb: best place to stand and how long do i need to be there before

Started by zoonerdog, January 06, 2017, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoonerdog

As a first timer i`m clueless about parade/dreams.Can anyone recommend where to stand for parade/dreams and how long before would i need to get kids in place?

thanks

dencarter

Depends on when you're visiting in Feb? Assuming it's not half term, the parks are likely to be quieter, so getting a good spot is easier.

For Dreans, you want to be somewhere towards the back of the hub, or the end of Main Street. Many people make the mistake of thinking they need to be close to the castle, but you get a much better panaoramic view a bit further back. As long as your kids can see the top half of the white screen that covers the entrance to the castle from your viewpoint, they'll be fine.

On a quiet-ish day you can honestly get a good parade view from anywhere along the route if you stake out your place 20 mins before. On busier days you'll want to give it longer. The parade starts by It's A Small World and ends at Town Square. My favourite position is either right at the start or finish areas. Most people aim for the hub or Main Street and forget about the start and finish areas, so you usually get a better view there. If you go for the finish area, remember it takes almost 15 mins for the first float to reach there from the published start time.