Last minute deals?

Started by yogal, December 02, 2016, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yogal

Hi there, newbie here, married to a big Disney fan. I was hoping someone might be able to advise me... Historically, are there last minute deals i.e. a couple of weeks before, on offer for Disneyland Paris?

We are looking to go at the end of January for a few days (luckily can be midweek) and there was a fairly good deal (or so it seemed to us) on the official website until yesterday; staying at the Newport Bay Hotel, with 20% off plus halfboard plan for approx. £530. We were still considering if we should book it or not (silly really!) and when we went to do it today found out it's gone up quite a bit; guess because we're now in December and they officially announced the Star Wars event?
My question is: if we wait until say January 2nd or so to look at the website, are there likely to be decent last minute offers? I appreciate that the hotel we want might then be full but just trying to ascertain what people's experience is with last minute deals. I would happily say 'oh well' and wait until next year but I think my husband would very much like to be there for the Star Wars event in January so still want to pursue it. Thank you in advance.

rocker

Historically I can't think of last minute deals being offered. 
Have you thought about cookies??  i.e. Airlines, hotels & yes possibly even Disney use these to track your browsing & see what you're interested in so once you enquire after a deal, they know this & if you look again, they'll add a few quid.  Sneaky huh?

I suspect this may be the reason for the price hike rather than the fact we're now in December.  If you're ready to book, you can
a) look using a different device
b) or look using "In private" mode on your browser
c) delete your browsing history making sure you DO delete cookies.

& with a bit of luck, the price may go back down again.

Let us know how you get on...I'd be curious to know whether the price does in fact go back down.

good luck
R

caspdex

The cookies bit is an urban myth.

yogal

Thank you for the suggestion. Did a bit more research and turns out that specific deal did finish on the 30th of November so our fault completely...might still bite the bullet and go in January.

amanda08

There is a 50% flash sale on the French Vente Prive site at the moment with some fab prices! It's a bit awkard to use from the UK because it will keep trying to take you to the English site but if you register with a French postcode - any will do, I used the Champs Elysee lol, it will let you proceed. Once you have selected the hotel and dates it takes you to the French Disney site to book. You can also, once you have the price you want on the Vente Prive site, just phone the UK Disney number and say you want the price shown on that site and they will (have to) honour it x

yogal

Thank you for this. Unfortunately I only saw it now; we booked our trip a couple of days ago. Probably best I don't even look at what is/was on offer so that I don't feel even worse about it :-)...

Karen

If you have booked through the Disneyland Paris website I would still check every now and then. If the deal changes and you could get something extra for a little bit more money Disney will let you amend your booking and pay the difference.  For e.g. last year we booked on a 20% off total price deal but then the deal changed to 2 nights free, for an extra £40.00 we got an extra night in the Cheyenne with tickets  ;D

yogal

Thanks - I doubt I'll get something but am going to try... having looked at the French website last night, 4 nights on the dates we booked would have saved us 200+ pounds  :'(. First time booking and we're happy to be going nonetheless but this leaves quite a sour taste...