7th Bday celebration in Cafe Mickey or Bistrot Chez Remy

Started by disneyprincessdrama, November 09, 2016, 06:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyprincessdrama

Hello beautiful people.  My daughter will be celebrating her 7th bday when we go to the parks in December.

I cant decide whether we celebrate in Cafe Mickey (with characters) or Bistrot Chez Remy?

What are your views please?  Many thanks.  :D

polar vixen

that's a tough one. ...I'd say bistrot chez remy fir the food but cafe Mickey solely fir the characters as it's meal reviews are very hit and miss....have you considered inventions?  a little pricier but good food and characters?

disneyprincessdrama

Hi Polar Vixen! Many thanks for your reply.  Exactly my thoughts!

I was going through tripadvisor reviews and the food at Bistrot Chez Remy seemed more enticing as opposed to Cafe Mickey.  I'm on a full board plus voucher and I don't think Inventions is valid for my meal plan?

I know it's tough as the character inter-action at Cafe Mickey would be Magical especially when the characters gather up around her when she blows the candle on her bday cake.  On the other hand, Bistrot Chez Remy's ambiance and food  is more appealing, but without any characters.  I am so torn! I cant decide!!!  :-\

Slimy yet satisfying

At 7 it will all be about the characters and not the ambiance...in all honesty if you can stretch to it Inventions or Auberge would be my choice for a memorable and special birthday. You can use your vouchers at face value to reduce the cost.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Disneymaria

April 2012 Davy Crockett
March 2013 Cheyenne
November 2013 Cheyenne
November 2014 Disneyland Hotel
November 2015 Sequoia Lodge
November 2016 Sequoia Lodge Golden forest

polar vixen

oooh forgot auberge. if she's 7 and into princesses.....you can just pay tge extra on top if your vouchers. ...if you're willing

MattR

We once had a 9 birthday with my niece in Inventions. However I have to say that she doesn´t eat any fast food like pizza, burgers, french fries e.g. mostly vegetables and fish.
It is also a bit pointless to order a cake since you have so many options regarding sweet foods.

Regarding Bistrot Chez Remy I went there once and I didn´t like our main dishes at all eventhough the atmosphere is great.

disneymummy2

Hi :-)

Do you have a meal plan? If you have a premium meal plan, or can stretch your budget for it, I would suggest l'Auburge de Cendrillon or Inventions personally, both are character meals and from what I have heard the food is much better. You could even have a birthday cake delivered to your table for 27€. That must be magical blowing out candles surrounded by Disney Characters!

However, between Bistro Chez Remy and Café Mickey it is a tough choice. The décor at Bistro Chez Rémy looks stunning and according to TripAdvisor the food is substantially better than Café Mickey.
It depends whether you are wanting better food or the character experience..
Simply for the characters, I'd go with Café Mickey! 😊

Sulley's Arms

Ahem. May I suggest doing both??  :o :o

I loved the character experience at Café Mickey (although was happy to treat it as a one-off, from a food perspective, if you get my meaning), and then Chez Remy is, IMO, fantastic.  Although the meals are fairly simple from a choice point of view, the steak is excellent, and the setting is frankly unbelievable!

Just saying!  :)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]