1st timers

Started by beth25, November 05, 2016, 09:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beth25

hi, Just booked our flights for march 2017, looking to book hotels tomorrow. Currently getting offers for free half board .
Will be travelling as a family of 4, with 2 children who will be 12 and 9.Never been before, but will be on a budget when there.
Looking for any advice, hints and tips please.
Should I book the meals  when able to?
How long should I plan to be in the park each day?
Going for 4 days.
Where do we start with rides etc
Any suggestions will be great, thanks in advance

polar vixen

If it's your first time, i'd plan all your days in the parks! If you manage a Disney hotel, saving money on meals is a huge bonus, you can book your restaurants from 60 days in advance, bear in mind that the level of dining plan you receive will depend on the level of hotel - lower end hotel give you the lowest dining plan, although still plenty of choice - plaza gardens, restaurant des stars, your hotel restaurant, billy bobs, all lovely buffets.  Sequoia and Newport bay will get you the plus level plan which covers those already stated along with bistrot chez remy, annettes, and some others.  If it's your firsty time and your budget will allow, i'd book for buffalo bails wild west show one night - it's something you won't get anywhere else and great fun for the family, kids and grown ups alike. 
In 4 days you should have time to try everything that's open, and if your 9 year old is average height you shouldn't have any restrictions, so try everything you're will to! 
Most importantly, see the parade,the star wars show in the studios, and dreams in the park all at least once!
Have an amazing time, enjoy planning!

dencarter

I definitely agree with everything Polar Bixen has said, but my advice is that if you can get the Plus meal plan it's a no brainer as some of the table restaurants (like Walt's and Blue Lagoon) are really wonderful, but on the 'standard' meal plan I'd think twice. The restaurants included in that one are average and you may find better value elsewhere by paying as you go...

polar vixen

yup, we love some of the buffets, (billy bobs!!!!), others, not so much, last time we got free dining plan staying at the santa fe, by the time we'd paid the extra towards a meal at annettes and bistrot chez remy we could have stayed in a higher tier hotel and it would have actually cost us less! ::)

beth25

thanks all- great tips.
How often are the parades etc? Is there a timetable to plan our days?
Also , roughly what are the opening times for the parks?

norhel

Quote from: beth25 on November 06, 2016, 09:57:09 AM
thanks all- great tips.
How often are the parades etc? Is there a timetable to plan our days?
Also , roughly what are the opening times for the parks?

The parade is on once a day. Fireworks at park closing.
You can find the program here: http://download.disneylandparis.com/Disneyland-Paris_Shows-and-Parades.pdf
I'm looking at the opening times for March 2016 (this year we are in now), and Disneyland Park was open from 10 am every day to 1900/2000/2130 for the weekdays and 2200/2100 for the weekend. My guess would be that it would be the same for March next year, but take it with a pinch of salt.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

never2old

You're going during the Season of the Force, rumours are that there will be no Dreams then, since there's the Star Wars night show in the Studios. Chances are that the Studios will then have longer opening hours, and that the Disneyland Park will close earlier. But we will not know anything for sure for a few months yet...

Personally we like to book our meals. When we're on a budget we try to have table service meal for lunch, and then a nicer one (buffet or table service) for dinner. Having the restaurants booked in advance will save you a lot of hassle, particularly in the evening when everyone's a bit more tired... Wait until the opening hours are published, then you can see if you can have dinner in one of the parks, or in the Disney Village, or back in your hotel... Unless you're going for one of the more popular restaurants (like the Auberge de Cendrillon, with the princesses) you're usually OK to book a couple of weeks in advance (or even less, if you got some flexibility with your times).

Once you have your hotel and meal plan booked, let us know and we can recommend more restaurants within your plan!!