Standard Meal Plan while staying at Disneyland Hotel?

Started by Elodie, November 01, 2016, 01:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elodie

We stayed at Hotel Cheyenne on our first DLP holiday this summer, and had the standard meal plan. We are hoping to stay in the Disneyland Hotel in December 2017 and were planning to get standard meal plan vouchers again. (We loved all the standard restaurants we used our vouchers at last time, but weren't so impressed with the premium / plus restaurants we ate at.) I knew that would be fine with the old meal plan set-up - breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel would have been included in the room price, and then we could have used our vouchers at Plaza Gardens etc in the park / got the bus to La Cantina, which the children LOVED.

But I don't know if that will be possible with the new breakfast + half board meal plans. I saw on here that breakfast at all hotels is included with the half board vouchers, but presumably there must be some rule about where you can use them? Otherwise everyone with standard vouchers could just pile into Inventions for breakfast, and not their own hotel. Do Standard vouchers only allow you to eat breakfast at the Standard hotels, eg Cheyenne and Santa Fe? Or do you get vouchers for breakfast at your own hotel (regardless of which tier meal plan you've chosen)?

I don't want to waste money on premium vouchers when we want to eat at standard restaurants, but I don't want to have to go back and forward to a different hotel each morning either (assuming that was even an option.) Anybody know the rules on this?

DutchBrit

I'm not an expert in the meal plan rules, but I think if you wanted your meal plan to include the Disneyland hotel breakfast, then you would have to get the premium one, because, yes, not everyone can eat breakfast in there and all the restaurants in the hotel are premium.

However you don't actually HAVE to get a half board meal plan. I think you can choose to add just breakfast (or not). Then simply pay the rest of your meals as you go. The vouchers don't actually save you any money when you are only going to eat at the standard level buffets, so there is no advantage and you get more freedom without them.

Zee79

Staying at the hotels you can either have no breakfast, a breakfast meal plan or the normal half board/full board meal plan which include breakfast. The DLH is premium vouchers only I'm afraid.

Elodie

Thank you, I was thinking we would probably just end up getting the breakfast plan and paying in cash for main meals. We saved quite a bit in the summer (going by the prices for the buffets plus the free pause gourmande) but I believe the pause gourmande offer is ending too, so we probably wouldn't save much by getting the vouchers next year anyway.

Andybear

Quote from: Elodie on November 01, 2016, 08:44:32 PM
Thank you, I was thinking we would probably just end up getting the breakfast plan and paying in cash for main meals. We saved quite a bit in the summer (going by the prices for the buffets plus the free pause gourmande) but I believe the pause gourmande offer is ending too, so we probably wouldn't save much by getting the vouchers next year anyway.

The pause gourmande is in the meal plan section of the new brochure.  Where did you hear about it ending?

Zee79

It was on meal plan section that from march 29th pause gaumand is no longer available  :(

polar vixen

nooooooooo, that saves us roughly 210 euros per trip!  Not that we desperately want magnums or do-uts, but it was handy for filling a gap, especially drinks wise!  D'oh!  and my baby isn't due till april, no way I can squeeze in a pre-march trip now :'(

Zee79

I'm gutted, it's very handy especially in cold weather.

Andybear

Quote from: Zee79 on November 01, 2016, 10:02:03 PM
It was on meal plan section that from march 29th pause gaumand is no longer available  :(

Thank you, I missed that.  I was looking forward to it as well!