What rides get you wet?

Started by Zesty, October 28, 2016, 10:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zesty

Hi, I have a line/tube in my chest that I can't get wet, especially with germy ride water! I know there's no big log flumes (if only they had splash mountain!) but I wondered which ones get you wet? It would probably be ok as it's likely to be cold so i would have a hoody on but would prefer to throw a poncho on top to be safe. Can anyone let me know what you get wet on and if it's a slight splash or properly wet (I'm assuming nothing like Florida when my mum went under a waterfall at Busch gardens on a ride!)

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: Zesty on October 28, 2016, 10:54:01 PM
Hi, I have a line/tube in my chest that I can't get wet, especially with germy ride water! I know there's no big log flumes (if only they had splash mountain!) but I wondered which ones get you wet? It would probably be ok as it's likely to be cold so i would have a hoody on but would prefer to throw a poncho on top to be safe. Can anyone let me know what you get wet on and if it's a slight splash or properly wet (I'm assuming nothing like Florida when my mum went under a waterfall at Busch gardens on a ride!)

Theres 2  main boat rides, and a kids boat ride. All are boats on a track, Pirates, Its a Small World and Storybook land. Of the 3 , only Pirates has a couple of drops. These are more like splashes, nothing like the log flume Splash Mountain in the American parks. Depending on where you sit in the boat you might not even get any splashes at all.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

DisneyRon

Doesn't Big Thunder Mountain have a small section that goes through water?
I doubt it'll get you properly wet, but splashes are an option.

disneymagic006

As above Pirates can sometimes splash you. Big thunder has a small water drop for the photo. The only other one I would be wary of is in the Studios park and it's the catastrophe canyon section of the Studio Tram Tour. Depending on which section you ride in and which side you are sitting on.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

RockNRoller

Having seen some footage on FB of them testing the splash effect at the BTM photo point they really seem to have ramped up the spray level, I reckon you will get wet there easily now. The other place I find I get wet is on the lift section in POTC, there is always a good cloud of mist/spray there as the water cascades down. Having said that if the rumours for the refurbishment are true and they are going to put in water projection (like in Dreams) there may be a lot more spray around.

If you want to avoid getting wet on Studio Tram Tours let someone else get on first, I'll say no more.

Also recommend not falling into the moat or lake Disney  ;D
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Mattj500

At the end of Ratatouille there are some splashes (like spray) ,  the illusion of being chased with a mop. As long as your line is under a top I can't imagine it will be a problem. It is only a couple of drops.

whatsupanders

None of the rides will get you soaked. Some have mist effects, like Ratatouille and Cinemagique has a brief segment with a rain machine.

A&S&O

You used to get sprayed by the geysers when on the paddle steamer. Not sure what the revamped ones will be like.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Zesty

Thank you everyone for your help, see,s great news, as I'm there in Nov I will have a hoody on and that's enough for mist or slight splash.  if thunder mountain sadly will still be closed so I don't need to worry about that and I will get my friend to get in first on the studios tour one! Thanks again for your help

Mattj500

I seem to remember some spray at the end of Armageddon as well (the fire extinguisher effect). It is indoors so keep your hoody on as protection in case.