Ride age restrictions

Started by dx4100, October 24, 2016, 02:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dx4100

Hi All

Sorry if this is a much asked question but i have been struggling to find the answer.

My daughter is six and she loves roller coasters.  She has been on some really big ones.  She wants to ride Rock n Roller coaster at Disneyland Paris but some of the websites are suggesting their are age restrictions. 

One site says it is "Not suitable for children under 8 years of age". - http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/advice/ride-restrictions/

She is 1.34 meters so she is more than big enough for the ride.

I am trying to work out if this is a absolute restriction or just someones opinion.  I can't find any mention of such a restriction on the actual website.  She is going to be gutted if she can't go on it :(

She is also hoping to go on Space Mountain.  So I have the same question for that.

Thanks for the help

DisneyRon

I think there's only a height restriction, the age limit is probably suggested because of language used on the ride or something?

Sulley's Arms

From memory (which may well be incorrect  :)) the only 'coaster your DD wouldn't be able to go on is Indiana Jones, which has 1.4m min. height.

Space Mountain, R'n'R Coaster & Thunder Mountain are all less than your DD's height so all good (at least once BTM reopens...!)

When my youngest was within 2-3 cm of the IJ min. height I used to stuff folded park maps in his shoes to get him on!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

DutchBrit

I think the height restriction is the one that is actually enforced, but the age recommendation might have something to do with muscle tone: space mountain particularly is quite rough, or emotional maturity maybe? Many under 8s would be terrified of fast roller coasters (heck, I'm not wild about them myself  ;D)

I have the opposite problem: my son is 10 but very short. So Space Mountain might not be possible, unless I buy him some thick-soled trainers!

dx4100

Disneyland Paris got back to me via Facebook and confirmed there are no age restrictions :)

Thanks guys :)