1st time visiting and cant decide on which ones to try.....

Started by vsimmons, September 29, 2016, 09:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsimmons

Hi

We are staying at the Sequoia Lodge on 30 Nov for 4 nights. Before finding this site I had been going through trip advisor, we have gone for the HB plus option. Our plan was to go to : Annettes Diner , Hunters Grill, Parkside Diner and Mickeys café.

After reading reviews on this site I thought we may upgrade from mickeys café to Inventions. What are peoples thoughts on the others? We have 3 children and we like buffet restaurants but I thought Anettes due to the trip advisor reviews.

Thanks, I really need to stop spending my days on here, but I LOVE planning our trip : )

Puffin

Annettes and Hunters Grill are my favourite two restaurants in the resort. Certainly with kids you can't go wrong with both. Annettes serves some decent burgers and the buffet at Hunter's Grill has a choice for everyone. Haven't tried Inventions yet, but it's said to be the better (and thus more expensive) version of the Hunter's Grill buffet.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

marf91

Annette's is brilliant and I personally would choose Inventions over Cafe Mickey. Better food, better character experiences and a lot calmer (in my opinion).
PREVIOUS VISITS:
Oct 1993, Aug 1994, Aug 1997, Jan 1998, May 1998, Aug 1998, Aug 2001, Jan 2002, Aug 2002, Aug 2004, Jan 2005, Aug 2006, May 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2008, Aug 2010, Aug 2011, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, May 2015, Aug 2016

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

A Princess Disnae......

Did Cafe Mickey once and wouldn't,t repeat it in a hurry. The food was very average and the whole experience felt rushed and was cramped. The kids however did love the character interaction. Inventions has the same character experiences in far more relaxed surroundings and the buffet has more variety with something for everyone. The down side being that it is considerably more expensive.
Newport Bay 2002, Santa Fe 2013, 2014 & 2015, DLP Half Marathon Weekend Cheyenne 2016, Sequoia Lodge February 2017, DLP Half Marathon Weekend 2017 Hotel New York.
Magic Run Weekend 2018 Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge Feb 2019. Next holiday Magic Run Weekend 2019 Disneyland Hotel

MrsRoachy

We really liked chez Remy. Lovely steak, amazing theming and lovely staff. Will definitely be revisiting when we go back in April. We also enjoyed the rainforest cafe but I don't think you can use your vouchers there. Lucky nugget is quite nice for a quick bite and entertainment

dlpowl

We've just returned from our trip and had a pretty bad experience in Bistrot Chez Remy.  The staff were uninterested, everything was too much trouble (and the restaurant was extremely quiet so no excuse) and the choice of food for kids was horrendous.  I asked for my sons chicken to be plain (rather than served with cooked tomatoes as stated on the menu) and you'd have thought I'd asked for gold plated chicken!  The waitress huffed and puffed then said no but then returned a while later and said okay.  However, when it arrived you could tell they hadn't cooked him a fresh piece, they'd just taken the tomatoes off!!  Why?  Because everything is mass produced in advance like a production line so there's no deviating from what is stated on the menu.  The theming is fabulous but for us, that's where it started and ended.  I wouldn't return.

And there's no meatballs on the kids menu now either for those who have been before.

MrsRoachy

Dlpowl that's such a different experience to ours. What a shame for you all as we thoroughly enjoyed everything and my husband (who wasn't interested in going to Disney) has said we have got to eat there again as it was his favourite!

dlpowl

We were so looking forward to it, MrsRoachy, so we were hugely disappointed.  I'd heard mixed reviews before we went but I'm a glass half full person so I was confident we would have a good experience.  From the second we walked in it was like we were an inconvenience.  I really wish we had gone to Blue Lagoon instead! 

Shirley

Quote from: dlpowl on October 02, 2016, 02:29:25 AM
We've just returned from our trip and had a pretty bad experience in Bistrot Chez Remy.  The staff were uninterested, everything was too much trouble (and the restaurant was extremely quiet so no excuse) and the choice of food for kids was horrendous.  I asked for my sons chicken to be plain (rather than served with cooked tomatoes as stated on the menu) and you'd have thought I'd asked for gold plated chicken!  The waitress huffed and puffed then said no but then returned a while later and said okay.  However, when it arrived you could tell they hadn't cooked him a fresh piece, they'd just taken the tomatoes off!!  Why?  Because everything is mass produced in advance like a production line so there's no deviating from what is stated on the menu.  The theming is fabulous but for us, that's where it started and ended.  I wouldn't return.

And there's no meatballs on the kids menu now either for those who have been before.

We were the very same the waiter seemed unhappy that we asked for alcoholic drinks because they weren't part of our vouchers and when my sister asked for plain pasta for her son he just said no. It was a horrible experience and like you we loved the place but wouldn't go back again. The next day we had dinner in Auberge de Cendrillon and it was a totally different experience nothing was too much trouble.